Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rates for PT vs FT
legomom922 05:04 AM 08-12-2010
I currently charge by the day, doesnt matter how many hrs they are here, 4 or 10, its 35.. I also have a 2 day miniumum, but I am thinking of raising that to a 3 day miniumum, which would then guarentee me at least 105 per wk for a PT. I'm just curious though how the rest of you handle PT? Do you have a certain amount of hr? or days that are considered PT? And at what point do you make the switch to say ok, this is considered FT? I currently consider 3 days PT but 4-5 days are FT.
emosks 05:21 AM 08-12-2010
Full time (here all 5 days) is $35 a day.
Part time (here 1-4 days) is $40 a day.
Part part time (here 4 hours or less a day) is $25 a day.
momma2girls 07:47 AM 08-12-2010
Originally Posted by legomom922:
I currently charge by the day, doesnt matter how many hrs they are here, 4 or 10, its 35.. I also have a 2 day miniumum, but I am thinking of raising that to a 3 day miniumum, which would then guarentee me at least 105 per wk for a PT. I'm just curious though how the rest of you handle PT? Do you have a certain amount of hr? or days that are considered PT? And at what point do you make the switch to say ok, this is considered FT? I currently consider 3 days PT but 4-5 days are FT.
I never had a min. days per week- til it just got way too much, and I wasn't getting paid near as much as I should have been- I had 2 children one day per week, 2 more 2 days, and one 3 days- It was even really tought to keep track of all of this- let alone the money thing- never again!! I have a 3 day min. now @ $30.00 per day. I am even thinking someday on raising that to $100.00- but my FT rate is $140.00, so I don't know- I would definately do at least a 3 day min. and place the rate higher than what you normally charge per day, to make it worth your while.
Another thing to add to this if they would like 4 days that is considered fulltime rate at the 4 days per week. Then I write it on the bottom of the contract that way- agreed upon 4 days @ _________
Bizzymom1111 07:47 AM 08-12-2010
I charge different rates for different ages. My pricing is as follows:
full time(30+ hours) infant-$140/week
13-24 months-$135/week
2-4 years-$130/week
5+years-$120/week

part time (less than 30 hours)
3 day minimum
6weeks-4 years-$30/day
5+ years-$25/day

These are my new rates. I just revised my policy also, but I've only had my daycare for a year now, so i'm sure I'll be redoing all this again!
legomom922 02:59 PM 08-12-2010
thanks! Anyone else?
ninosqueridos 02:48 PM 08-16-2010
I don't use "PT" or "FT" when I am interviewing families. I just speak in terms of how many days per week they need, and they have to be FIXED days. If I have a 5day/wk (FT) opening, what I do is require 3 days as a minimum, but obviously that creates a 2 day opening.....so I will market for a 2 day opening and fill that spot. I take into consideration what the child's schedule would be and also the family overall. I also charge by the day, not for x number of hours.

My goal is not to create a bunch of 3/2 or 1/1/3 day spots - I would rather fill them all with full-timers but it just isn't always possible and I need to stay full, kwim? hth

If you are okay with filling a ft spot with a 2-3 day family, then charge more per day for them so you aren't losing too much money. I charge the same for everyone for several reasons, but I am considering charging more for the ones here under 4 days per week. Good luck.
SimpleMom 10:37 AM 08-19-2010
I only take a minimum of 40 hrs. The rate is $115.00/week and $2.88/hr thereafter.
DanceMom 11:01 AM 08-19-2010
I dont take children less than 3 days.

3 days = part time $150
4-5 days = full time $175

I have a high part time rate because you are taking the spot of a full time slot, so your going to pay. Also, I don't charge by age. its straight part time or full time rate..doesnt go up and doesnt go down..ever.
Preschool/daycare teacher 07:21 PM 08-19-2010
Originally Posted by Heather:
I dont take children less than 3 days.

3 days = part time $150
4-5 days = full time $175

I have a high part time rate because you are taking the spot of a full time slot, so your going to pay. Also, I don't charge by age. its straight part time or full time rate..doesnt go up and doesnt go down..ever.
Where do you live, Heather? Your rates are at least $80 more than what we charge! We would love that rate! (We are in Indiana)
Our 3 day/wk part time is $20 less than the full time rate. But to us, part time is 1-3 days a week, so we just charge by the day for them. Or if they come less than 8 hrs a day, we charge an hourly rate. We also allow some that come 3-5 days/wk, but the days aren't always the same days per wk. They only pay the part time rate, although they are taking up a full time spot just in case they need us 5 days that wk instead of just 3, and also because the days always vary. Part time only pay for the days they come.
HeatherB 04:19 PM 08-23-2010
I charge $100 a week or $25 a day.
SilverSabre25 04:54 PM 08-23-2010
$140/week (all five days)
$30/day (4+ hours/day)
$15/day (less than 4 hours)

It's the same for all ages. I give the same level of care to everyone (and actually consider infants WAY easier than older kids, since they nap so much of the day!) and so don't consider it fair to charge more for the different ages.
Tags:fulltime, part time, part time care
Reply Up