Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Chicago--American Girl Store
countrymom 04:40 AM 02-18-2012
I need to post this here because so many people will see it. So tommorrow we are going. We have never been to chicago, we are driving so we go thru the detriot border (I live on the ontario side)

anyone been there, is it a mall, is there somewhere to stay cheap with a pool or water play area, how about the drive there. I need info.

I'll check later today because I now have to sit at dance for 4 hours.
MyAngels 07:16 AM 02-18-2012
I've never been there but I've heard from some of my dc families that it's pretty neat.

Their website seems to have a lot of information: http://www.americangirl.com/stores/location_chi.php

If you plug the address into mapquest it will give you all of the nearby options for lodging, shopping, etc.

Maybe someone will chime in with more first-hand knowledge .

Have a fun trip!
godiva83 09:24 AM 02-18-2012
I really can't recommend any accommodations as I have never been, but we always use Priceline and end up getting amazing deals just recently we stayed in Montreal at the Hyatt Regency for $45 for a king room with fire place that originally goes for $205 a night.
emosks 12:32 PM 02-18-2012
Originally Posted by :
I need to post this here because so many people will see it. So tommorrow we are going. We have never been to chicago, we are driving so we go thru the detriot border (I live on the ontario side)

anyone been there, is it a mall, is there somewhere to stay cheap with a pool or water play area, how about the drive there. I need info.

I'll check later today because I now have to sit at dance for 4 hours.
I believe it is in Water Tower which is a mall but it's downtown. I suggest you have a hotel lined up before leaving though and it's not cheap to stay anywhere in the Chicago area. Have toll money ready too!!
jessrlee 01:56 PM 02-18-2012
We are going next weekend . Dd is soooooo excited! We are staying at the Whyndam Chicago which is supposed to be really close. I got our room for $89 and the concierge agreed to let me buy the bed and bathrobe instead of paying for the pkg. we have reservations for tea at the cafe, and if you can set up time with a personal shopper, it is free, and then you can skip lines and move right through the store ( you don't even have to stand at checkout).
countrymom 07:40 PM 02-18-2012
Originally Posted by jessrlee:
We are going next weekend . Dd is soooooo excited! We are staying at the Whyndam Chicago which is supposed to be really close. I got our room for $89 and the concierge agreed to let me buy the bed and bathrobe instead of paying for the pkg. we have reservations for tea at the cafe, and if you can set up time with a personal shopper, it is free, and then you can skip lines and move right through the store ( you don't even have to stand at checkout).
well I have spent over 3 hours looking for a place to stay and ended up staying at the whydam. Its only one block away and I got the doll package, but we needed more beds. I can't wait for tommorrow. She still has no idea where we are going, dh told her that we have to go to an auction. I hope that when we go thru the detroit border the guard doesn't give away our surprise.
countrymom 04:29 PM 02-19-2012
It's so great I will post picks on tues
countrymom 04:34 PM 02-19-2012
Originally Posted by jessrlee:
If u bring an iPad or computer I'll give u the code for free wifi. U can buy the bed for 30 dollars and the bath robe is 5 dollars but we got the package and dd got ice skates and an outfit and breakfast voucher. We bought an eye mask for the doll for a dollar at the gift shop. The store is very resnable. Oh my dd got matching shirt for her and her doll. Don't get her hair done totally not worth it.
WImom 04:34 AM 02-20-2012
Countrymom - What package are you talking about? We are taking our girls this spring so would love any tips. I saw you posted the hair wasn't worth it, would that be the same for the ear pericing? How was the Wyndhm? We are going to Lego Land and the Aquarium as well, is that near there too?
jessrlee 05:22 AM 02-20-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
If u bring an iPad or computer I'll give u the code for free wifi. U can buy the bed for 30 dollars and the bath robe is 5 dollars but we got the package and dd got ice skates and an outfit and breakfast voucher. We bought an eye mask for the doll for a dollar at the gift shop. The store is very resnable. Oh my dd got matching shirt for her and her doll. Don't get her hair done totally not worth it.
That would be awesome! Thanks . Where did y'all eat?
Tags:american girl
Reply Up