Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Sauces
mema 06:42 PM 03-18-2012
Ok. Let's try this instead!
I am looking for spaghetti sauce and pizza sauce recipes. Stove top or crock pot-or both. I always look things up online and then never know which one to choose
Oh, and if anyone has a hummus recipe that the kids enjoy!
TIA
SunshineMama 05:19 AM 03-19-2012
Check out the book Deceptively Delicious- it has all sorts of awesome recipes where you can sneak in fruits and veggies into thngs like sauce.
Bella99 12:38 PM 03-25-2012
Spaghetti. I buy a can (or 10 - since they're always on sale and it's good to have on hand) of spaghetti sauce with the 'roast garlic' flavoring, just 'cause I like the taste. Brown up some ground beef, when its cooked I drain the fat, and return it to the skillet with about 1/2 a tray of cut mushrooms, and half an onion and half or 1 a bell pepper - I use green - depending on the size. Fry it up until it's tender, and add it to the sauce in either a stock pot, or a crock pot. I add celery salt, garlic powder and a bit of pepper. It's really not as spicy as it sounds. The kids' I serve it to often ask for some SAUCE seconds, 'cause it's just that tasty (tooting my own horn here )

Hummus, I buy a can of chick peas. Take a hand mixer to the peas until they're smooth (I like it a bit chunky, but its all about preference) Add 1/4 cup of liquid from the chick pea can. Mix again. 3-4 tbsp of lemon juice. 2 cloves of crushed garlic (or 3-5 if you roast them first). 1/2 a teaspoon of salt. Mix again, and voila! Going to make some today, actually
Reply Up