Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Daycare Rules
stress 01:44 PM 07-11-2010
I worked at a daycare that make childern eat within 5 minutes then hurry back to class, for lunch and supper. They do not supply the teachers with information on the children in case of an emergency or accidental report. There is no phones, no monitors, They dont even inform you on the child's last name not let alone the birthdays. They do not feed meat to the children in which they be very hungry, and much more.

What is the timing that 4 year old children have to eat their meals at daycare?
misol 04:12 PM 07-11-2010
On my schedule I allow 30 minutes for mealtimes and 15 minutes for snack times. In my experience, this is usually more than enough time for a child who is interested in eating to finish up. I currently have a dcb who is a very slow eater. If I see that he is eating and not playing with his food (as he often does) I will allow him extra time at the table.

Assuming that you work at a center, my guess would be that teachers are not supplied with emergency contact information, accident reports, phone acccess, etc. because the director wants to be notified of every incident first. In other words if there is an emergeny you would have to bring it to the attention of the director so SHE can be the one to make contact with parents or authorities, not the teacher. There are also some privacy issues involved with allowing all the teachers to have access to certain information in a child's file.

Have you mentioned to the director that you think the children need more time to eat? Personally I don't think that the children need meat to get a balanced meal but unless this is a vegetarian daycare they should probably be serving meat.
Tags:regulations
Reply Up