Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Touch Screen Sign In/Out
DBug 03:21 AM 03-16-2011
My technologically-inclined husband is setting up a 7" touch screen for dc parents to sign in their kids! I'm so excited

Basically, there will be a grid of pictures of the kids. I took head shots of each of the kids for their emergency cards, so he's using those. Parents will be able to tap their child's picture, and that will take them to another screen with two options: sign in or sign out. They just tap whichever button and the child is either signed in or signed out! It'll be networked to my netbook (so that I can change things if a mistake is made) and to his system to save all of the information, so I'll have an attendance record saved electronically for year-end.

Right now I use one piece of paper per week for this, so this will really cut down on paper-usage. Not only that, but I don't have a printer, so I have to print out my sign-in sheets at a copy shop -- this will be SO much easier!

Can't wait to see how it turns out!
Little People 04:01 AM 03-16-2011
That is awsome!! You will have to let us know how it is working for you!
squareone 04:17 AM 03-16-2011
I am so jealous. This sounds great. What software are you using for this or is it something that your husband created? I know that MMK doesn't have this feature but some of the other daycare management software programs have it.
missnikki 06:56 AM 03-16-2011
I have one, it's so worth the investment for me. I use a program called ProCare, it has modules for everything! Timekeeping, accounting, child/family info, meals, bus runs, immunizations, schedules/classrooms, even payroll. All hooked up to a touchscreen that has a 4-digit code parents pick themselves, (I usually use the last 4 of a cell number as a suggestion). It prints out reports based on whatever info you want on it. It sets up invoices and letters with your letterhead. It does roll sheets, and actual paper sign in/out sheets if you want.
squareone 07:11 AM 03-16-2011
Originally Posted by missnikki:
I have one, it's so worth the investment for me. I use a program called ProCare, it has modules for everything! Timekeeping, accounting, child/family info, meals, bus runs, immunizations, schedules/classrooms, even payroll. All hooked up to a touchscreen that has a 4-digit code parents pick themselves, (I usually use the last 4 of a cell number as a suggestion). It prints out reports based on whatever info you want on it. It sets up invoices and letters with your letterhead. It does roll sheets, and actual paper sign in/out sheets if you want.
Sounds awesome. I think I remember seeing ProCare when I was researching software. At the time, it was out of my budget
missnikki 07:55 AM 03-16-2011
Well yeah, it isn't on the cheap side but my school pays for it, not me.

If you are interested in it, check it out here:

http://www.procaresoftware.com/Produ...icing-(1).aspx

That's the page that has the prices for each module. I use the family data, family accounting, and attendance tracker mini modules.

Not to sound like a salesperson, but if you are thinking about doing it, I would appreciate it if you pm'd me so I might get a referral credit? (embarassed to ask, but hey...)
DBug 10:14 AM 03-16-2011
Originally Posted by missnikki:
Well yeah, it isn't on the cheap side but my school pays for it, not me.

If you are interested in it, check it out here:

http://www.procaresoftware.com/Produ...icing-(1).aspx

That's the page that has the prices for each module. I use the family data, family accounting, and attendance tracker mini modules.

Not to sound like a salesperson, but if you are thinking about doing it, I would appreciate it if you pm'd me so I might get a referral credit? (embarassed to ask, but hey...)
I love it! It would be perfect if they could get the price down a little ...
missnikki 10:42 AM 03-16-2011
Originally Posted by DBug:
I love it! It would be perfect if they could get the price down a little ...
Well, it never hurts to ask them...

I'll tell ya these people are amazing with their tech support when I do something dumb like freeze up the whole system or bill someone wrong, and their sales people are very very helpful. It seems like I talk to the same 2 or 3 people each time, and they've helped me with upgrading for free once they see how long i've used them.

Seriously, if you are interested, I would say give them a call and see if they have something less pricey that suits your size.
Michael 09:46 PM 03-16-2011
Here is a recent thread regarding Check In Software: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27809
kitykids3 06:59 PM 12-28-2012
Sounds awesome. Wish I could do it. However, I have a question, don't you need hard copies going back 3 years for food program and licensing?
Unregistered 08:26 PM 07-20-2014
There are a few options out there. Ours is probably the newest ad confirms to most states and trust me keeping up with the government is a challenge.
is FREE ware and is tablet based so you do not have to go through the same budgeting process you would with other companies and while I think they have much to offer you really need to ask yourself what do you "really" need to be successful.
sahm1225 08:44 PM 07-20-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
There are a few options out there. Ours is probably the newest ad confirms to most states and trust me keeping up with the government is a challenge.
is FREE ware and is tablet based so you do not have to go through the same budgeting process you would with other companies and while I think they have much to offer you really need to ask yourself what do you "really" need to be successful.
I'm pretty sure you need permission to advertise on this forum.
Tags:check in, check in daycare time system
Reply Up