Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Different Pick Up Times... Getting Annoying...
jenny31052 10:59 AM 04-18-2012
DCG gets dropped off by Mom at 630am, pick up time on the contract is by 430pm. This child never gets picked up by the same person every day. It's either the uncle, or the aunt, or grandma, or someone else in the family... parents works until 6.30 pm, and I told them that I can't watch the child after 430 because she will go over the 10 hrs she is allowed to stay in daycare.

Now, every single day, pick up time is different, it can anytime between 1pm til 430pm... and it is without notice, they just show up...

Its getting a little annoying because it is hard to plan activities and outings when I don't know the exact time this child will be picked up.

I know that the family is struggling. This girl is being bounced around 2-3 different homes on a daily basis. She comes to me in the morning, then some family member picks her up and drop her off at some other family member's house until the parents gets off work...

However I would like some exact times on when this kid gets picked up - but I never know who will be at the door each day...

What would you do?
SunshineMama 11:05 AM 04-18-2012
I have a kid like this and it's sooo annoying! They kept coming in the middle of nap and disturbing everyone. I started taking my sweet time getting him up from nap, taking him to the potty, etc before bringing him to the door. Now I at least get a 30 minute text from them saying they are on the way. It's not that I mind parents coming by to get their kids, I mind the lack of communication an doorbell ringing during naptime.
JenNJ 11:19 AM 04-18-2012
have them send a quick text when they are 30 minutes away.
wdmmom 11:35 AM 04-18-2012
I would tell DCM and DCD that they need to tell you WHO is picking up each day at drop off time and have that person shoot you a text 30 minutes before they come.
daycare 11:38 AM 04-18-2012
I would never be able to work with someone like this....
However, the text idea is good, or ask if they can give you a schedule in advance.

Make the DCM give you a schedule each week in advance due by Friday. Tell her your issue and that this is what you need from her so that you can plan accordingly. If you don't have it on friday, then you will not accept DCK back into care on Monday.
cheerfuldom 11:41 AM 04-18-2012
I have to have at least a daily plan. I don't do random pickups. And I only allow two additional people as pickups besides mom and dad. This makes sure that I know everyone coming to get the kids and that I dont have strangers coming in and out at all hours. If the parents can't work with some sort of schedule, they just dont work for my daycare.
Zoe 12:15 PM 04-18-2012
My first daycare family did this (and still does). It doesn't bother me at all because we don't go anywhere after naptime. If I really do have something I want to get accomplished I'll flat out ask mom who drops off who is picking up and when and she'll tell me!

If it is affecting your day in a negative way, talk to dcm or dcd or both of them and say that you NEED to know that day who is picking up and when. If they don't know when, make them find out. They'll eventually get that your time is important too and will communicate better with you. Communication is key.
Ariana 12:21 PM 04-18-2012
I think the only thing you can do is set boundaries by either not allowing pickup at certain times or getting a set schedule. I think they're just trying to abide by your rules as best they can by getting relatives involved.
3myjob 12:38 PM 04-18-2012
I had a DCM like this. The time she gets off work is anywhere between 4pm-8pm. I won't watch them any later than 6pm.

Because of her odd work hours I have her send me a text and let me know that she is on her way. If she can't make it here by 6 then she sends me a text letting me know ahead of time. If she can't make it here by 6 she must have a designate here by 6. She must let me know ahead of time who and what time they will be here to pick up her child.
DaisyMamma 02:13 PM 04-18-2012
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
I would tell DCM and DCD that they need to tell you WHO is picking up each day at drop off time and have that person shoot you a text 30 minutes before they come.
And don't feel bad telling them they need to either pick up before nap or after nap.
Crazy8 07:21 PM 04-18-2012
do not allow pick ups during nap.... my nap time ends at 3pm so then at least you'd know pick up was between 3-4:30. And you could require a text/call 15-30 min. before or they can chance you not being there. I'd actually purposely PLAN on not being there a few times if you need to get the message across (after you explain the issue).
Reply Up