Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How to Say Goodbye
Hunni Bee 09:13 PM 08-14-2012
How do I prepare my dck's for my departure? I've watched every kid there come into the center, and all of them know me.

I know the SA's will understand, when they saw my last day on the calendar, I got a lot of horrified reactions .

But I don't know if my kids (4 & 5) will understand "not coming back", and when they do, will they be hurt that I went to work with other kids . I was on vacation a couple weeks ago, and I'm wondering will they just think its like that, and keep expecting me to come back in a few days?

This is the hardest part of leaving. Advice?
itlw8 12:04 PM 08-15-2012
How about something like. Soon I will be going to a new school so you will have a new teacher. I will miss all of you but I know you will like your new teacher.
Sugar Magnolia 06:51 PM 08-15-2012
Originally Posted by itlw8:
How about something like. Soon I will be going to a new school so you will have a new teacher. I will miss all of you but I know you will like your new teacher.
. I agree.
Hunni Bee 10:56 AM 08-16-2012
She's forbidden me to tell the parents I'm leaving, probably because she knows they may leave behind me.

But some of my kids have been with me for 2 or 3 years. I know it will hurt their feelings for me to just leave with no warning . Just because she doesn't care about these families doesn't mean I dont.
Tags:goodbye, saying goodbye
Reply Up