Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Will I Be Able to Pass my Fire Inspection in KS?
kpa0627 06:22 PM 03-13-2010
I will soon have the fire dept. over to my in home daycare to see if I pass the safety inspection before they will consider me a registered daycare provider in Kansas. My daycare is in an apartment complex that's on the second floor though so I don't know if I will pass. The apartments have been built within the past five years, have smoke detectors in each room and an automatic sprinkler system. We have an entrance door to get out of that leads to stairs to your left or right to go down in case of emergency/fire. We also have a door that leads to our porch... but since it's on the second floor it's obviously pointless when there's a fire. So, will I be able to pass according to Kansas laws? If you know please let me know I'm kind of worried about this!
Former Teacher 08:29 PM 03-13-2010
You might want to read your lease. According to ours, we are not allowed to run home businesses that accept clients etc..such as a childcare business.
kpa0627 09:43 PM 03-13-2010
I have read it and it doesn't mention anything about businesses or anything of that nature. And so I figure if it's not stated in the lease then I don't see where I could get into trouble.
Former Teacher 06:27 AM 03-14-2010
Originally Posted by kpa0627:
I have read it and it doesn't mention anything about businesses or anything of that nature. And so I figure if it's not stated in the lease then I don't see where I could get into trouble.
Ok good luck with the fire inspector then!
Tags:fire inspection, kansas
Reply Up