Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Maternity Leave Question
KEG123 06:45 PM 01-01-2011
This is all hypothetical so please bare with me.

Say you have a dck who's mom is pregnant. She wants you to hold a spot for the baby. Do you charge a fee to the mom to hold the spot open? How much do you charge? And at what point do you start charing?
E Daycare 08:30 AM 01-02-2011
I updated my policy for the new year and stated this:

For summer leave/ maternity leave of up to 3 months there will be a non-refundable fee of $50.00 a month to hold the spot. If they decide to not bring the child back after leave then they forfeit their $50.00 for how ever many months they paid. I also charge a $75.00 spot holding fee for pregnant parents who want their kid to start at a certain time. Ive told them that if they dont pay, im not obligated to hold a spot and will take on other children as to guarantee my income. So far I havent had anything come up where they need leave but I did a interview with parents who are due in March. We will see if they bite. Till I hear from them (if I do) Ill continue to look for more children.
mickey2 09:17 AM 01-02-2011
I think this would depend on how busy I am. I have 2 moms right now who are pregnant and another mom who is trying. One family has been with me for one year little girl is 17 months old, and the other two families have been with me for 3 years now. I already have 5 children full time everyday M-F all coming and going at different times which allows me to also take an extra little girl for 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon. By the time the babies are born the 2 children who have been with me for 3 years will be in school full time. The mom of the 17 month old is due in March and wants me to continue care for her daughter after she has the baby until September when she will then bring both! I have another mom off right now on maternity leave as well. I had her daughter from the time she was 11 month and she is now 3. Mom needs to come back with baby when school starts as well. All I can do is tell my parents, we will see what is available when the time comes. All of the children whom I have cared for in the past 4 years have all been with me from the time they were babies and all were first time parents. Now that ALL of these moms are expanding their families, what can I do? I really hate to lose a family that I have had for so long as my parents are all trained! :-) It is so hard to train parents! The children are easy! ! I just do not know how I am going to refuse any of "my" children's parents in the next few months. That is going to be a tough choice to make as all of my families are so amazing!!
KEG123 01:15 PM 01-02-2011
Thanks for the input everyone.
Tags:maternity leave
Reply Up