Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Samples of Childcare Ads
Momof2Boys 09:24 AM 08-10-2010
Would some of you mind sharing an example of childcare ads you post on Craigslist, in the paper, or wherever else you put them?

There are a lot of people in my area who are offering care (stay-at-home moms and licensed providers), and I really want my ad to stand out. I've interviewed with some of the other people in our area (for care for my own boys) and I feel like I would have a better chance of getting kids than some of them if I can just get families to schedule an interview!

I don't really have any exceptional qualities that I can list. I have held part-time and full-time nanny positions when my three year old was a baby, but I've lost contact with all of the families to be able to use them as references. Really all I I can think of is that I have 2 boys of my own (a 3 year old and a 10 month old) and I will be VERY dependable! I know this is a huge thing because we've had such unreliable providers since March (which is why I'm starting my own daycare).

Any help would be appreciated!
Janet 10:04 AM 08-10-2010
I live in an area that is flooded with home providers so I've had to market myself in ways that made me appealing to potential families and allowed me to stay true to my vision of daycare. I think that it really helps to try to be as detailed as you can be with your ad. For example, for the ads that I had run in the past, I marketed that I teach basic Spanish and Sign Language. I also marketed that I'm a CPR & First Aid instructor for the Red Cross (that has helped me be more appealing in the past). I don't put my tuition cost in the ad ever and I don't offer free trial days. I think that the free trial days can actually work against you. For myself, I market the fact that my daycare program is well rounded. I also will add that the children are taught yoga and we do it daily. It's all about generating the interest. I know that a lot of parents are driven by cost and I know that I can't compete with all of the providers in my area because I am substantially more expensive (but still not pricey by any stretch of imagination!) If you can get a parent to take an interest in your ad, then you can seal the deal at the interview! If you have any questions, let me know! I'd be more than happy to help if I can
emosks 10:26 AM 08-10-2010
Here was our last ad...

We are a licensed group home daycare in the Forest Hills area nestled in the back of the neighborhood on a cul-de-sac right next to a park.
Large fenced in back yard that has age appropriate play structures for children of all ages!
Downstairs of home is dedicated to the daycare with a large toy room and even bigger daycare room!!

There are 2 of us working every day so the daycare will not close on your for illness or appointments! We also have back up assistants to help out when we are in need!

Non-smoking house and as well as no pets. We work with children who have severe food allergies.

Owners and all assistants are CPR, First Aid, and Bloodborne Pathogen certified. Many years of combined experience!
We participate in the 4Cs Food Program and offer healthy AM snack, lunch, and PM snack.
Each week we teach a new curriculum to the children that includes a weekly theme, vocabulary word, shape/color, letter, number and nursery rhyme.
Arts and crafts, workbooks, puzzles, and tons of pretend play toys! We play outside every day and when the weather is nice we are outside both morning and afternoon!!

Currently we have openings for either 1 full time and/or several part time positions depending on the day for summer only care. Give us a call or drop us a line to see if we have days that work for you! References available. Currently we have children enrolled that range in age from 11 months to 10 years.

Daycare is located off of Forest Hills between Burton and Cascade right next to Meadow Brook Elementary.

JenNJ 11:23 AM 08-10-2010
In order to stand out, you need to stand out! I think what you are saying (dependable and a SAHM) are what I see in every CL ad.

Look into what you would want in a program and advertise that!
Momof2Boys 11:25 AM 08-10-2010
This is what I came up with...

Thank you for your interest in my family daycare. My name is Melissa and I have two precious little boys, ages 3 yrs and 10 mos. I live in Northwest Loveland, near 43rd & Taft, and have been married for over 5 years. I am starting my daycare because I have a genuine love of children & enjoy seeing them reach their full potential. As a parent I understand that it can take a lot of time & effort to find a perfect match to care for your child. A safe & comfortable environment, a nurturing & experienced provider, fun learning, healthy meals, centralized location and flexible hours are just a few of the qualities within my home. You can rest assured that your childcare needs will be met. I am working on obtaining my license and CPR/First Aid Certification, however I do not plan on taking the maximum amount of children I am allowed. I feel it is very important for kids to feel like they are a true part of our family and are receiving the personal attention they deserve. For this reason, I will only be accepting 2-3 kids at a time.

Please contact me if you have any questions. I look forward to meeting you & your family!

...tell me what you think!
JenNJ 11:41 AM 08-10-2010
Do you really feel like you won't expand? Is 2-3 kids enough $$ for you for YEARS? Because families want a long term commitment and it may be hard to make that promise for years. Daycare can be expensive to run when you factor in food, crafts, etc.
Janet 11:41 AM 08-10-2010
Originally Posted by Momof2Boys:
This is what I came up with...

Thank you for your interest in my family daycare. My name is Melissa and I have two precious little boys, ages 3 yrs and 10 mos. I live in Northwest Loveland, near 43rd & Taft, and have been married for over 5 years. I am starting my daycare because I have a genuine love of children & enjoy seeing them reach their full potential. As a parent I understand that it can take a lot of time & effort to find a perfect match to care for your child. A safe & comfortable environment, a nurturing & experienced provider, fun learning, healthy meals, centralized location and flexible hours are just a few of the qualities within my home. You can rest assured that your childcare needs will be met. I am working on obtaining my license and CPR/First Aid Certification, however I do not plan on taking the maximum amount of children I am allowed. I feel it is very important for kids to feel like they are a true part of our family and are receiving the personal attention they deserve. For this reason, I will only be accepting 2-3 kids at a time.

Please contact me if you have any questions. I look forward to meeting you & your family!

...tell me what you think!

It's a good ad, but the aspect of being a parent is being done all over the place. I'd find something else to add to give you the "WOW" factor. Definitely keep what you have, but give yourself an edge by carving a little niche for yourself. Also, you don't need to neccessarily pigeon hole yourself with stating that you are going to keep your numbers low. You may find that you can easily handle being at capacity and it would suck to feel obligated to stick with low numbers because of your verbage in your ad. It sounds like you'll definitely provide a loving atmosphere You sound genuinely warm and nurturing and that will definitely be a strength. Maybe another thing that you could do is to elaborate on your daily schedule some. I give a brief rundown of my daily schedule in ads and that is something that has always served me well. It's definitely a very well written ad! I would definitely call you if I were a parent looking for daycare because you seem like you really want to be providing daycare and that would be a huge comfort for me.
JenNJ 11:49 AM 08-10-2010
For example, what do you LOVE to do? Are you creative? Do you love to play outside with the kids? Are you going to cook from scratch for the dc kids? Find your strenths and advertise YOURSELF, not the daycare. YOU are the selling point!
MirabDesigns 07:36 AM 08-12-2010
Hi there,

Here's one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/miss_mirandab/3282081722/

I really got a lot of parents who commented on how unique the ad looked. I also received emails from fellow providers who liked the ad.

Miranda
mirabdesigns@gmail.com
momofboys 05:32 PM 08-12-2010
Originally Posted by MirabDesigns:
Hi there,

Here's one:

I really got a lot of parents who commented on how unique the ad looked. I also received emails from fellow providers who liked the ad.

Miranda
mirabdesigns@gmail.com
I'd love to view it but it says I don't have permission to do so.
Michael 05:35 PM 08-12-2010
Prehaps MirabDesigns can just upload the pictures to the forum. Here are some instructions on showing pictures in your threads.

To upload an attachment:
1) After writing your post look below your comment area and you will see a button called Manage Attachments.
2) Click on the button and you will see 4 areas to upload load files.
3) Once you choose the image from your computer, click on the "Upload Image button".
4) Once the image is uploaded you will see the image name under "Current Attachments"
5) Click on the Close Window button and the bottom and post your image. I will include one at the bottom:

The Second way to post an image from and existing URL web address:
1) First find the picture on the webpage and right click your mouse over it. Click on "Properties" at the bottom of the dropdown window.
2) Copy the entire address (URL) of the picture. It will look like this: https://www.daycare.com/premiumpages/00138466/6.jpg
3) In your reply to this post you will see an icon that looks like a mountain.
Click on it and post the address that you copied for your picture.
Attached Thumbnails
HeatherB 06:25 PM 08-13-2010
Originally Posted by MirabDesigns:
Hi there,

Here's one:

Miranda
mirabdesigns@gmail.com
I would love 2 see it also..cannot open
Put A Cherry On Top 09:45 PM 08-13-2010
Hi guys,

Michael, thanks for emailing me about the responses on this thread.

My apologies ...I changed the permissions on the picture....you guys should be able to view it.

I created the advertisement, then saved it to Flickr and used the html to post in my Craigslist ad. This from about a year ago.

Thanks,
Miranda

mirabdesigns@gmail.com
SunflowerMama 03:55 AM 08-14-2010
Originally Posted by Put A Cherry On Top:
Hi guys,

Michael, thanks for emailing me about the responses on this thread.

My apologies ...I changed the permissions on the picture....you guys should be able to view it.

I created the advertisement, then saved it to Flickr and used the html to post in my Craigslist ad. This from about a year ago.

Thanks,
Miranda

mirabdesigns@gmail.com
Love your ad!! That's great !
Momof2Boys 05:53 AM 08-14-2010
Miranda, your ad is very cute! Thanks for sharing
Put A Cherry On Top 06:10 AM 08-14-2010
Thanks guys...if any of you are interested in getting an ad like that created, shoot me an email at mirabdesigns@gmail.com or send me a pm.
Rachel 12:09 AM 08-15-2010
Love your ad. Very nice!
Abigail 12:46 AM 08-15-2010
Originally Posted by Momof2Boys:

I don't really have any exceptional qualities that I can list. I have held part-time and full-time nanny positions when my three year old was a baby, but I've lost contact with all of the families to be able to use them as references. Really all I I can think of is that I have 2 boys of my own (a 3 year old and a 10 month old) and I will be VERY dependable! I know this is a huge thing because we've had such unreliable providers since March (which is why I'm starting my own daycare).

Any help would be appreciated!
I would add that you have references available. When you schedule an interview (email or talking on the phone), you can offer them references like someone from church, a parent, sibling, or other relative, or even neighbors to give them an idea of your personality and style. When I babysit new families, they don't only ask for others I babysat for, they also ask to speak to a family member (even though I'm an auntie of 9! LOL). It just gives them a better idea of who I am. I don't do daycare yet, but I will open one once we move into a house...I'm super excited! I currently work at a daycare center to get my foot in the child care career world.

I agree with other responses that you should give a run-down of your schedule. Most daycares offer breakfast, lunch, and snack and free play and outdoor play. Include those, but with a little spice! Ex. Healthy meals, Daily Outdoor Play....adjectives like healthy and daily (I think they are adjectives! he he) seem so much more appealing than "Yup, we'll go outside and play and eat breakfast and lunch. JMO

You should add what age groups you're accepting. Infant care is tough to find, so if you say you have ONE or TWO infant spots and spots available for toddlers-age X, you may draw in someone who has an infant in one daycare and her toddler in another to bring both to you?! I also would exclude that you "plan" to stay small, that is just your personal opinion. A home soon-to-be licensed daycare is small. If it gets any smaller, they need a nanny!

If you're going to make it a written advertisement instead of just a bulleted list style flyer, I would include your values. Something honest and specific that you already do. Just a short paragraph--this is 3-5 sentences. Avoid phrases like "I plan on..." or "I hope too..." because it shows you're unsure and that you might not be confident. Start out firm stating "At [name of daycare], we learn manners and value respect. We treat one another as equals. Everyday is a learning opportunity....and so forth to really "touch home" with how someone would want to raise their own child.

It doesn't have to be too much, but it's nice to read a paragraph (if space allows, like the front page of your potential web site) about specific details besides what your day is like and what your rates are, values are important too. Good Luck!

PS. my biggest pet peeve when reading CL ads is when someone says "I know how hard it is to find quality care...." or "I know how difficult is it to leave your child with a stranger, so I want to start my own....." This doesn't give you an edge, it doesn't qualify you for the position either. It really just shows that you gave up searching for quality child care, lol. Think about it. When someone posts starting out with those phrases, I seriously have to close the page because EVERYONE does it. Also, when using CL, you'll be MUCH MORE appealing and professional if you don't post everyday. Bi-Weekly is plenty because people search for daycare and know how to use the site. LOL You don't want to sound desperate, so to fill spots advertise well and in many places. Web site, other free online sites, local stores, word-of-mouth, newspapers, and your local Child Care Resource and Referral. Go to children's events with your two kids (make sure you dress appropriately too) because you could "Mingle" and "Oh, Did you know I own my own daycare..." and give them a business card and your first 30 seconds at the park might catch you an interview with them or someone they know!
momofboys 11:09 AM 09-23-2010
Hi all. I just wanted to post something about this Miranda (put a cherry on top) poster. I paid her to do an ad for me & she did a good job with what she did for me but she did not finish the job. She promised to do an additional thing for me & she has never gotten back to me despite repeated e-mails. Just wanted to warn you if you choose to do business with her!
Tags:advertising, pictures
Reply Up