Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Ears Hurt
Country Kids 01:48 PM 09-06-2012
I have a child who has decided for the last few weeks to talk non-stop! I mean non-stop some days (10 hours). They will even talk through nap to keep themselves up. Tons of whining talk also, but its just talk, talk, talk, talk. Its driving everyone crazy-dcks and my family.

What in the world would you guys do?
daycare 01:49 PM 09-06-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
I have a child who has decided for the last few weeks to talk non-stop! I mean non-stop some days (10 hours). They will even talk through nap to keep themselves up. Tons of whining talk also, but its just talk, talk, talk, talk. Its driving everyone crazy-dcks and my family.

What in the world would you guys do?
jump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
daycare 01:52 PM 09-06-2012
lol just kidding...

I had one like that who just left...............It was a blessing.....hahah

the child that I had was always talking , because at home she was to be seen and not heard, it was really sad. She just really wanted someone to listen to her. So I would make time to sit and listen to anything she wanted to tell me. I also read a lot of stories and she had to either be quiet and listen or she needed to leave the room. SHE loved stories so she was quiet. I also made sure to ask lots of questions to all of the kids during story time so that they could get in some good talk time.

This one would even go in the bathroom and carry on a converstaion with herself on the toilet FOREVER....I a sure she would go all day in there talking to herself If I did not go in and tell her hey NO More someone else has to go.....
cheerfuldom 01:56 PM 09-06-2012
Set a timer for a quiet time...she can talk after the timer goes off (at least you get a little break)

Set her up with books on CD or tape and give her headphones

Direct her to talk to one of the daycare kids or be your helper by "showing" the little one what to do.

Give her a special toy that she can tell secrets or questions to when you are busy

Have her draw a picture of the question she wants to ask you or the story she wants to tell....that should keep her busy for a little while and then you can guess what she wanted to say.
Country Kids 02:12 PM 09-06-2012
This is my littlest one! No matter how much anyone asks them to be quiet it just goes on and on and on. They look at you when you ask them to be quiet, silence for 5 sec. and then it starts.

Also has to repeat over and over and over on things. Its like they don't understand you have heard them, acknowledge what you said and be done with it.

A very loud child also.

Then there is the just talking about nothing in particular.

We have tried the timer to no avail.

Does not sit still for anything so headphones I'm sure wouldn't work. This child won't even watch tv-nothing on tv!

The drawing thing I'm sure they wouldn't understand what I'm talking about.

Anyway good thing I can read on the forum because if I had to hear people I'm not sure if I could because of my ears hurting.
daycare 03:05 PM 09-06-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
This is my littlest one! No matter how much anyone asks them to be quiet it just goes on and on and on. They look at you when you ask them to be quiet, silence for 5 sec. and then it starts.

Also has to repeat over and over and over on things. Its like they don't understand you have heard them, acknowledge what you said and be done with it.

A very loud child also.

Then there is the just talking about nothing in particular.

We have tried the timer to no avail.

Does not sit still for anything so headphones I'm sure wouldn't work. This child won't even watch tv-nothing on tv!

The drawing thing I'm sure they wouldn't understand what I'm talking about.

Anyway good thing I can read on the forum because if I had to hear people I'm not sure if I could because of my ears hurting.
when I tried the headphones, mine got louder when she talked because she could not hear herself....lol NO headphones...lol

its like that baby doll I see one day on the tv...chatty katty...or something like this..
Tags:talker, whining
Reply Up