Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>A New "Oh My Moment!" From A Parent!! LOL
Unregistered 11:11 AM 03-29-2011
Today an almost 2 year old and his mother walk in! The mother goes on to tell me that the 2 year old had a few yucky diapers last night! She is going on and on about it and why he has it and blah, blah, blah! I just sit there listening and waiting for her to finish so I can tell her that the boy can't come if he has diarrhea! But, before I get that out I had to laugh because the last thing she told me was! Are you ready for this? You better sit down..... She tells me, "So to avoid any leakage I double diapered him! He has a size 5 diaper over his other diaper, so nothing should leak out and cause you any clean up!" What, ha, ha, ha, ha! That was a good one and a new one for me!! Needless to say I sent them packing and she was NOT a happy camper! Never ends......
juliebug 11:51 AM 03-29-2011
good for you for kicking them out at the door. At least she told you he had it!
MsMe 11:56 AM 03-29-2011
good for you!! I am excited to have this forum to post all of teh wacky stuff some of my parents do!! I always know when a child has spiked a fever overnight. The parents some in and wont make eye contact and nearly try to RUN out teh door before I can touch the child. They have a guilty look that gives them away
nannyde 02:22 PM 03-29-2011
You only get one shot at turning away at the door. She'll know now to be quiet and just hand him over.
Evansmom 02:45 PM 03-29-2011
At first I thought this was a joke, you know "A two year old and his mom walk into a bar..." Ha ha just kidding!

Good for you for sending them home. I'm so not good with confrontation but I think you handled that quite well!
Cat Herder 02:45 PM 03-29-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
You only get one shot at turning away at the door. She'll know now to be quiet and just hand him over.
This is so true!!

That is why I have my 24 hours minimum out if they keep them home sick and 48 hours minimum out if I have to send them home sick policy...

Can't believe it took me 11 years to figure that one out It has worked well, though, for the last 6 years.

I had half my crew out today (and Monday) with loose stools without any being turned away at the door.....
cheerfuldom 02:53 PM 03-29-2011
thats shocking and disgusting
SilverSabre25 03:15 PM 03-29-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
This is so true!!

That is why I have my 24 hours minimum out if they keep them home sick and 48 hours minimum out if I have to send them home sick policy...

Can't believe it took me 11 years to figure that one out It has worked well, though, for the last 6 years.

I had half my crew out today (and Monday) with loose stools without any being turned away at the door.....
That's a really interesting idea! I might have to remember that one if I ever have problems with the parents bringing sick kiddos.
Unregistered 07:02 PM 03-29-2011
seriously though, double diapering! LOL Couldn't believe it, I wanted to just roll on the floor and laugh!! It was all to help me out, nice, thanks for thinking of me and making my job easier! LOL Yes unfortantely she probably won't tell me from now on, that seems to be how it happens! I am really digging that 48 hour thing if I have to send them home, why have I not thought of this.... Great Idea!! LOL

LOL I wish it was a joke....! LOL
Mandy Jane 09:48 PM 03-29-2011
Oh my, is right! I have had so many parents try to bring a sick kid, it's not even funny! I even had an argument with the dad of one of my kids one time about whether he was contagious. His dad was a doctor and said that even though his son was running a fever, he was not contagious. I simply showed him the book provided by the state that showed the guidelines for a fever, and told him I was sorry but he had to take him home.

I added a special clause in my contract that says the child has to be fever free for 24 hours WITHOUT the help of symptom masking medications such as Tylenol, Motrin, etc before returning to care. But parents always try to bring them anyway! It amazes me how disrespectful certain daycare parents can be and the lack of concern they have for the other children and working parents.
Tags:diarrhea, diarrhea policy, policy - diarrhea
Reply Up