Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Am I Supposed To Do?
candicemom 04:24 PM 10-15-2014
I had a dcm ask me why I wake her daughter up from naps???????
I have four dck's everyone goes down at the same time, and everyone wakes up at the same time. Today one mom asked "why are you waking her up from her nap?'
because everyone goes down at the same time, and everyone wakes at the same time. They are all on the same schedule as usual. I don't understand why all of a sudden I should not wake her? um am I missing something here????
Thriftylady 04:27 PM 10-15-2014
I don't know. In the four interviews I have had since trying to restart my daycare, I have had two parents upset that their children would be ask to lay down at all and would be given the option of quiet bags. One was 3 one was 4 and I am offering them quiet activities such as games, puzzles, beading etc. I have been thinking of foam blocks, but wondering why when nobody seems to want their kids to nap anymore.
hope 04:31 PM 10-15-2014
How old is her child? How long is nap? I let babies sleep as much as they need but at a certain age (different for each depending on maturity) I start to transition the child to the big kid nap schedule. If they need extra sleep they can sleep as much as they need for am nap but needs to be woken for afternoon nap in order to keep all the kids on schedule. So she may think her child needs more sleep and you can add in an extra nap or have her put the child to bed earlier if it doesn't fit into your daily schedule. Many parents don't believe in waking a sleeping baby.
Cradle2crayons 04:33 PM 10-15-2014
Originally Posted by candicemom:
I had a dcm ask me why I wake her daughter up from naps???????
I have four dck's everyone goes down at the same time, and everyone wakes up at the same time. Today one mom asked "why are you waking her up from her nap?'
because everyone goes down at the same time, and everyone wakes at the same time. They are all on the same schedule as usual. I don't understand why all of a sudden I should not wake her? um am I missing something here????
"Mom, because I provide care for more than one child from multiple age groups, schedule is extremely important. Nap time is from xx until xx "

End of story.
Dilley Beans 04:39 PM 10-15-2014
If she sleeps too long in the afternoon, she won't go to bed at the normal time and you'll have to hear about that. That is probably worse to her.
Play Care 07:52 AM 10-16-2014
How old is the child? Are they being crabby in the evenings? Nap here is 12-2, but I do allow those who seem to need a little extra sleep to get it - and I can tell because those are the kids who are sacked out while the other kids play normally right next to them but even at that I don't allow more than an extr 20-30 minutes. Because we have things to do
AmyKidsCo 01:56 PM 10-16-2014
That does seem odd. Most of the time I get the opposite "Please wake my child after 30 min, otherwise she won't go to bed at 7:00."
crazydaycarelady 02:50 PM 10-16-2014
Originally Posted by :
why when nobody seems to want their kids to nap anymore.
Because then they go to bed early and the parents barely have to be parents.

I have between 6 and 12 kids here. They go down at 12:30 and start waking up between 2:30-3:00. I DON'T wake them up. We just do free play and then have snack when everybody is up.
CraftyMom 05:29 PM 10-16-2014
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
Because then they go to bed early and the parents barely have to be parents.

I have between 6 and 12 kids here. They go down at 12:30 and start waking up between 2:30-3:00. I DON'T wake them up. We just do free play and then have snack when everybody is up.
Ditto
Reply Up