Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Just Want To...
melilley 11:22 AM 10-16-2014
Go outside and play in the leaves! I want to rake them in a big pile and just jump in! I want to watch the kids do the same!

I have a big maple tree in my backyard and there are a ton of leaves on the ground and it's windy today so leaves are just blowing off left and right. BUT it's been raining for 3, yes 3, days straight!

I just want to go outside!!! (insert a whining, pouty lipped emoticon)
Cradle2crayons 11:26 AM 10-16-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
Go outside and play in the leaves! I want to rake them in a big pile and just jump in! I want to watch the kids do the same!

I have a big maple tree in my backyard and there are a ton of leaves on the ground and it's windy today so leaves are just blowing off left and right. BUT it's been raining for 3, yes 3, days straight!

I was looking for a cute emoticon but this is all I found lol

melilley 11:35 AM 10-16-2014
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:

Cute!
Sunshine74 09:56 PM 10-16-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:

We've had a lot of rain, too. Luckily it has cleared up enough that we can usually play out in the afternoon, but definitely not in the leaves.

If you change the color of that dog to black, that is my dog- licking tongue and all!
Play Care 03:11 AM 10-17-2014
I feel you pain! It rained pretty much all day here yesterday. On the way home from preschool my kiddos wanted to gather some leaves (there are some gorgeous maple trees lining the road the preschool is on) but it was too wet. I promised them that today or next week we can gather some. That seemed to help
Josiegirl 03:24 AM 10-17-2014
My backyard leaves have come and gone, now I have 8 huge bags filled that I don't know what to do with. If you'd like I can come dump them in your playroom? They're mostly dry.
AmyKidsCo 07:14 AM 10-17-2014
It's been raining 3 days here too. It's not raining now so we may go out in the wet.
Sunshine74 09:54 AM 10-17-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
My backyard leaves have come and gone, now I have 8 huge bags filled that I don't know what to do with. If you'd like I can come dump them in your playroom? They're mostly dry.
Do you ship? We don't have any trees on our property, and the ones at the park are way too wet.
Josiegirl 09:59 AM 10-17-2014
Hah Funny sunshine! I remember for the first few years after we planted our maple tree, we'd get about 2 cups of leaves sitting in this pathetic little pile. I'd go down to the neighbor's house, bag all their leaves, trudge back up to my yard with them and dump them. I had to import leaves for quite a few years so we'd have a respectable leaf pile to jump in. Now I have more than plenty to share. But I don't do shipping. Wouldn't it be funny to watch the FedEx guy's face when they find out what's in the boxes. LOL
melilley 10:17 AM 10-17-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:

melilley 10:21 AM 10-17-2014
Well it stopped raining, although it looks like it may rain again and it's still super we outside.

Dh mowed the wet lawn yesterday anyways so now all of my leaves are gone.
Buuutttt...the house down the street has a ton. I may just have to do what you did Josiegirl and import some. My dh probably won't like that idea though.
jenboo 01:56 PM 10-17-2014
I want leaves!! All we have are palm trees
Cradle2crayons 03:07 PM 10-17-2014
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
We've had a lot of rain, too. Luckily it has cleared up enough that we can usually play out in the afternoon, but definitely not in the leaves.

If you change the color of that dog to black, that is my dog- licking tongue and all!
We have one exactly like this... Tongue and all lol.

I'm so grateful my dcf love my dogs. One is my daughters ESD dog. The other, the weenie dog in question is EXTREMELY PROTECTIVE of the kids. Not from me but from their parents. Every time a parent picks up, I have to give him the verbal okay because he doesn't like it if a parent grabs a child, even if it's just to pick them up.

The kids love him too. And he loves to give kisses. Whether you want them or not. My husband taught him how to give real hugs. He puts each paw over my shoulder and lays his head against my cheek.

Great at cleaning up after lunch too!!
AuntTami 03:50 PM 10-17-2014
The kids love him too. And he loves to give kisses. Whether you want them or not. My husband taught him how to give real hugs. He puts each paw over my shoulder and lays his head against my cheek.
I have a large great dane that does the same thing, and when you're sitting down, he's eye level with you and he'll put his big fat head on your shoulder and press his head down into your shoulder until you wrap your arms around his neck and hug him!.... He taught himself that one..

DCB and I played in the leaves for a bit yesterday. We had a little impromptu photo shoot with them(I enjoy photography as a hobby) and some pumpkins. Photos turned out so great! DCM said she's going to have them printed! I'm enjoying the weather now because the nasty Sn** word is coming soon for us Wisconsinites, and I'm NOT looking forward to it.
Reply Up