Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Expired Contract
betsycola 11:27 PM 10-20-2014
Hi! Due to an accident that occurred in my dch last week, dcm decided to pull out her child from my care the next day. She relayed this notice verbally to my flight chief (I operate inside an air force base). No written notice was given. I found out today the childcare contract she signed last year stated the end of care is summer of 2014. It hasn't been updated through black and white. I was verbally given a notice the child will stay in my care for as long as I am open. Is it possible for me to go after her for non payment of services up until the termination date even with "expired contract"?
Cradle2crayons 02:02 AM 10-21-2014
Originally Posted by betsycola:
Hi! Due to an accident that occurred in my dch last week, dcm decided to pull out her child from my care the next day. She relayed this notice verbally to my flight chief (I operate inside an air force base). No written notice was given. I found out today the childcare contract she signed last year stated the end of care is summer of 2014. It hasn't been updated through black and white. I was verbally given a notice the child will stay in my care for as long as I am open. Is it possible for me to go after her for non payment of services up until the termination date even with "expired contract"?
If your contract expired, I don't think you can hold her financially responsible.

However, it's possible she may not know it was expired.

If your contract states he yet give xx eels of written notice, you can contact her via ohone or email and say something like...

Dear dcm,
As per your contract, x weeks written notice is required when daycare services are terminated. Per this policy, payment for xx weeks of childcare is $xx.xx. Please submit payment to xxx daycare in the amount of $$xx.xx by xxx date in order to avoid late charges in the amount of $xxx.xx (if you have a late payment fee in your contract). Your immediate termination of services does not negate your financial responsibility to uphold your contract. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Sincerely,
Xxx daycare
Cat Herder 06:39 AM 10-21-2014
Originally Posted by betsycola:

Due to an accident that occurred in my dch last week, dcm decided to pull out her child from my care the next day.

She relayed this notice verbally to my flight chief (I operate inside an air force base).

the childcare contract she signed last year stated the end of care is summer of 2014. It hasn't been updated through black and white.

Is it possible for me to go after her for non payment of services up until the termination date even with "expired contract"?
You have every right to send a bill for what is owed for actual services provided. IMHO, It would be crazy risky to go for more in this situation.

In light of the "accident" I'd most likely let it go and try to resolve the issue that lead to termination of services instead.

Are you ready for inspection? Have you corrected what led up to and allowed the "accident"?
butterfly 10:56 AM 10-21-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
You have every right to send a bill for what is owed for actual services provided. IMHO, It would be crazy risky to go for more in this situation.

In light of the "accident" I'd most likely let it go and try to resolve the issue that lead to termination of services instead.

Are you ready for inspection? Have you corrected what led up to and allowed the "accident"?
I was thinking the same thing. If there was an accident that lead to termination. I would just let the situation go and pray that was the end of it.
Reply Up