Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pickup Time Changed. Lasted 2 Weeks!
DaisyMamma 04:03 AM 05-16-2012
I'm curious what everyone would do here. Say anything? I'm not all that worried about it. i just find it irritating.

Dcm says she will be here a half hour early two days a week until august since her hours changed. She did this for two weeks. Now she comes at regular time, close to the last possible minute.
Other kids are usually here so it doesn't matter. But last night I had somewhere to go and was waiting for her specifically for that half hour.
DCP 05:05 AM 05-16-2012
My rates are based on contracted hours - so if she had changed her contract due to her hours changing..her price prob. would of changed as well. Therefore..if it was me..YUP I would have said something and she would end up late charges on those two days.

I also tell my parents that except for on occasion the child CAN NOT be here before or after the hours listed...I ensure my contracted hours are followed strictly for the very reason you are irritated LOL
Zoe 06:20 AM 05-16-2012
Whenever a parent changes the drop-off/pick-up times, I have them sign a new contract stating what they told me. That way I have it in their contract if they are late/early whatever. Even though this was only for 2 days a week until August, it was something you counted on and her being late caused you an inconvenience. Talk to her and see if she still wants to do the 2 early pick-ups a week and if she says yes, then have her sign a new contract with those hours. If she says she doesn't need them anymore, well then at least you have a definite pick-up time.
DaisyMamma 06:32 AM 05-16-2012
It wasnt a contract change since it was temporary. Same price, so I guess that's that!
Creek 06:32 AM 05-16-2012
I guess it depends on how you contract their hours. My daycare hours are 7:30am to 5:15pm and say on one child's contract it says 8:00am to 4:30pm that doesn't mean that they can't show up at 7:30am and leave at 5:15pm. I charge by the day, the hours on their contract are just helpful for me to know their roundabout times they would arrive and leave. Usually parents will inform me if they will be earlier or later, etc but it's not a big deal. If they pick up after my closing time - then we have issues! lol
DaisyMamma 07:22 AM 05-16-2012
Originally Posted by Creek:
I guess it depends on how you contract their hours. My daycare hours are 7:30am to 5:15pm and say on one child's contract it says 8:00am to 4:30pm that doesn't mean that they can't show up at 7:30am and leave at 5:15pm. I charge by the day, the hours on their contract are just helpful for me to know their roundabout times they would arrive and leave. Usually parents will inform me if they will be earlier or later, etc but it's not a big deal. If they pick up after my closing time - then we have issues! lol
Yea, I do the same.
Reply Up