Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>Making Father's Day Gifts
Christina72684 08:24 PM 05-09-2011
I'm opening my Daycare June 6th, and the first holiday is Father's Day. I wanted to make something with my DCK for their fathers. I'll have kids of ALL ages with school being out, so I'll take any ideas that I can get. Thanks!
AfterSchoolMom 11:46 AM 05-10-2011
When mine was in pre-k, they made paperweights out of large (fist sized) rocks - they painted them blue and wrote "Dad Rocks!" on them. It was adorable.
CdnMumof4 04:47 PM 05-10-2011
we are making trophy's for the dads, using a coffee cup [Large or Venti] as the main part of the trophy, putting little sides on it [handles?] out of recycled box and using recycled boxes as the base. They will have little plaques saying "worlds greatest dad" and we'll paint the cups and handles gold, and base black.

I will post a pic if that's too confusing to understand- ds#1 made them at preschool last year and I kept it cause it was such a cute idea
countrymom 10:29 AM 05-11-2011
Originally Posted by CdnMumof4:
we are making trophy's for the dads, using a coffee cup [Large or Venti] as the main part of the trophy, putting little sides on it [handles?] out of recycled box and using recycled boxes as the base. They will have little plaques saying "worlds greatest dad" and we'll paint the cups and handles gold, and base black.

I will post a pic if that's too confusing to understand- ds#1 made them at preschool last year and I kept it cause it was such a cute idea
what a cute idea, totally something I would never would have thought of.
lil angels 11:23 AM 05-11-2011
I once got a stick and then cut out a template of a fish and hung it from the stick like a rod and reel that has the fish hanging on it and it read "Dad you're a real catch" It was very cute.
DCMom 12:57 PM 05-12-2011
We did foam can koozies a few years ago; I got them at Michaels for something like 50 cents and the kids decorated them with self-adhesive foam stuff. Those were a big hit; I had a really good group then and I asked the kids what dad's favorite beverage was (most said beer ) so I but a beer or soda in each one, lol.

Another year we did car wash buckets. Those turned out cute too; dollar store bucket, sponge, car wash liquid, microfiber cloth and window cleaner. Each bucket was like $5 total. Kid decorated the buckets with puffy paint stamps of cars and suns and handprints. The dad's loved those too.

Last year we did pen/pencil holders (because we did the pen flowers for mom); plastic juice cans decoupaged with photos of each kid along with some original art work and sealed.

I like to go all out for Father's Day...I think dad's kinda get gyped in the gift department when it comes to days like that. In my daycare, I see more dads than moms on a daily basis so I think they appreciate it
DCMom 12:59 PM 05-12-2011
Originally Posted by CdnMumof4:

LOVE THIS! I think I might have to steal it, if you don't mind?
Tags:fathers day, fathers day gifts
Reply Up