Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>To Charge Or Not To Charge....That Is The Question
Fruitloops1 01:07 PM 11-16-2012
I have a DC fam that signed up with me when I first started and my rates were dirt cheap and I had no problems with there alternating schedule. The schedule is as follows: two days a week-Monday/Wednesday/Friday BUT Mondays and Fridays change every other week. So this week it was M&W, next week is W&F. So they are essentially taking up three days but only pay for TWO (at a much lower rate). Of course I cant find anyone on an opposite schedule (DUH why didn't I think of that 6 months ago!)On December 1st I wanted to give them a letter that they have to pay for 3 days at my new rate because that's what I have to keep available for them. UGH But I am having a hard time with it because it they pay my new rate its more than a $130.00 jump. I feel bad. they currently pay 60 a day. I thought about just asking them to pay an additional 60 to cover the alternating day. Is that even fair that I am doing that? Making them pay for the additional alternating day when I was so cool with it 6 months ago? WDYT?
daycare 01:42 PM 11-16-2012
here is what I do....

say....

as my daycare has grown, I have found the need to schedule all daycare kids to max out the capacity that is allowed by state. In order to do this, all children who are full time will have priority over part time schedules.

If you are currently on a part time schedule and it is needed to fulfill a full time need, you will be given the option to go full time or surrender your current spot to a full timer.

YOu need to let this family know that you have done everything you can to work with their schedules and now that you are growing, you will need to charge them 3 day rate, as it is impossible to find another family with a similar schedule as theirs. Let them know that you wan't to work with their schedule but always want the opportunity to grow your business.
Reply Up