Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>White Noise Machine
MrsB 12:07 PM 03-26-2012
So I am going to invest in white noise machine. I have a major wiggler and her rustling around on her mat is starting to wake up some of my good nappers about a .5 - 1.0 hours before they would by themselves. Also contributing to it is I have snorer. She is pretty loud, so I suspect when the others stir, she is keeping them from going back to sleep.

Any recommondations? They tend to run from the $15 to $150. Any kind to stay away from? What do you like about yours? What do you wish it had? What do you wish it didnt have or features you dont use?
Kim 12:11 PM 03-26-2012
I'm interested in this as well for myself to get a better night's sleep though not for my daycare kids.

For daycare, I play soft classical/relaxing music on the CD player the entire nap and it works great. It drowns out the snorers and the babies if they wake early and loudly!
Blackcat31 12:29 PM 03-26-2012
Do you have a smart phone? They have a white noise app.
meganlavonnesmommy 05:34 PM 03-26-2012
Not sure about a white noise machine, but I use music at naptime too.
I play soft classical music, it helps the kids settle, and drowns out any noise so they can keep sleeping. Cds are cheap and easy. If you have a tv near your nap area, most cable companies have great music channels.
MrsB 05:55 PM 03-26-2012
I dont have a TV in my daycare room. I have a smart phone but I usually take it with me in the living room (same floor) while the little ones nap in the daycare room, to make phone calls and such.

I have a CD player and currently play music and it helps but I have had trouble with swithching CDs. I dont have any CDs that play for 3+ hours straight.

I suppose I could use my husbands ipod touch but he takes it with him some days to work out before work.

I think I will try the white noise app on his ipod touch for a few days and see if that works or if I still want to try an actual machine.
Mary Poppins 06:05 PM 03-26-2012
I have a room air purifier thingy that when turned up on high works perfect as a white noise machine. They sleep great with it on. It was sort of a bonus to buying it.
countrymom 06:58 PM 03-26-2012
I have one, its about 8 yrs old and I bought it walmart. I think it plays about 10 different sounds. You can have it play continues or have it timed. I think I paid about 20 dollars for it (it maybe 30 now) I love it. I usually use the tropical rainforest, the kids love that one the best.
littlemissmuffet 08:01 PM 03-26-2012
I have a couple - Conair brand... work like a dream. Run about $20 at Walmart.
Childminder 08:21 PM 03-26-2012
I have a Conair brand that I bought about 12 years ago. Works very well, has been dropped and knock off the dresser a bunch of times and I paid $13 then. My daughter has one that has a night-light but no idea the brand or cost.
cherryhill 06:27 PM 03-27-2012
I found this on a blog about noise machines, I haven't personally used it but thinking of buy it.

http://www.amazon.com/Marpac-980A-So...=pd_cart_recs2
snbauser 06:30 PM 03-27-2012
I use a cd player with a quiet time cd set to repeat so it plays the cd over and over during naptime. I have several cd's and change them daily. For my own room I use a box fan to drown out any noises.
MizzCheryl 06:51 PM 03-27-2012
I use Native american cds and I play them pretty loud. The kids sleep great. I am super clumsy and I have to have loud music to make sure I drown myself out. The kids love the music and when it comes on they know what time it is. The CDs are is "Winey" and "Spirit voices".
MrsB 07:46 AM 03-28-2012
So my hubby came home with an ipod touch for me and a new ipod dock with speakers for the playroom!

I downloaded the baby white noise app and put it on conche shell this morning for my early arrivers. All three get here between 545am and 615 and go back down. They usually wake around 7:15/730 when my other families start to arive.

Not today

8am is breakfast I had to change it to toddler tunes songs and blast it this morning to get them up and in the kitchen to join us for breakfast!

Can't wait to see how they do at nap time today.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful ideas.
Blackcat31 08:05 AM 03-28-2012
Originally Posted by MrsB:
So my hubby came home with an ipod touch for me and a new ipod dock with speakers for the playroom!

I downloaded the baby white noise app and put it on conche shell this morning for my early arrivers. All three get here between 545am and 615 and go back down. They usually wake around 7:15/730 when my other families start to arive.

Not today

8am is breakfast I had to change it to toddler tunes songs and blast it this morning to get them up and in the kitchen to join us for breakfast!

Can't wait to see how they do at nap time today.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful ideas.
Cool!
Reply Up