Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My New Attitude
busymommy0420 01:01 PM 01-12-2013
I started the new year off with a New Attitude about my business. I updated my website and CL ad and filled a slot Wednesday. I have just two slots left: A pre-school W & F only and an after school child slot. The parents all signed their contracts and also have signed their tax acknowledgements. I made $8000 more last year vs. 2011 and have hired an assistant for 8 hours a week. I will clean my home while she cares for the children. She is 100% approved as my substitute and the children adore her. I am proud of my new attitude towards my job, and am so blessed to have children enrolled and to be making a nice income for my family of eight. I also have been eating healthy/excersising and am down 10lbs.

Any one else turning over a new "leaf" for 2013?
BumbleBee 01:16 PM 01-12-2013
That's awesome! Go You!!!

As far as turning over a new leaf....I'm still working on the old leaf

I just opened in August of 2012 so not quite to the point of leaf turning yet.
Loni 01:30 PM 01-12-2013
Originally Posted by busymommy0420:
I started the new year off with a New Attitude about my business. I updated my website and CL ad and filled a slot Wednesday. I have just two slots left: A pre-school W & F only and an after school child slot. The parents all signed their contracts and also have signed their tax acknowledgements. I made $8000 more last year vs. 2011 and have hired an assistant for 8 hours a week. I will clean my home while she cares for the children. She is 100% approved as my substitute and the children adore her. I am proud of my new attitude towards my job, and am so blessed to have children enrolled and to be making a nice income for my family of eight. I also have been eating healthy/excersising and am down 10lbs.

Any one else turning over a new "leaf" for 2013?
Wow, u have truely inspired me to continue with my daily walks along with taking time out for myself, it is so important for our daughters to see their mother's active in their own lives and not just theirs. Thanks for sharing ur sucessful journey. 2013 is off to a great start. Loni
LoraJenkins 07:02 AM 01-13-2013
WOW! You are an inspiration! My only daycare goal this year is to start treating my business LIKE a REAL business. Enforcing my contract rules...saying NO when the DCPs ask for unscheduled times (I have children overnight at least 1 night a week). Just being more professional all around. That's my goal this year.
Kim 08:14 AM 01-13-2013
Good for you!

I made some professional and personal resolutions too. Last year I did much better at being a business owner and enforced my policies in a professional way. I now have a full house of 8 kids, feel more respected, and am supporting my family better financially. I feel like I'm on a roll heading into 2013 and hope it continues!

Now I just need to focus on my personal resolutions. I started making time for myself to exercise and I already feel better- don't look any different yet but at least I have more energy and feel less stressed!
busymommy0420 12:26 PM 01-14-2013
Good for you ladies! I will keep you updated on my weight loss progress.
Reply Up