Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Website
fctjc1979 09:30 AM 06-14-2012
Do you include your contract, handbook, and other forms on your website? I currently have them on mine but I've seen a couple of people mention not sharing info with other providers.
littlemissmuffet 10:12 AM 06-14-2012
Originally Posted by fctjc1979:
Do you include your contract, handbook, and other forms on your website? I currently have them on mine but I've seen a couple of people mention not sharing info with other providers.
The only time anyone ever sees copies of my daycare paperwork is when they are a fully enrolled client. I don't mind sharing ideas with other providers and helping other providers get started, but I do mind when they take years of my hard work building up handbooks, forms, contracts, meal plans and designs and just slap their daycare name on it, kwim? I had one provider take my online ad and use it WORD FOR WORD, even used the colors and fonts I used, and MY LOGO with my daycare name in it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it's pathetic when people don't care enough to put the effort into their businesses.
DaisyMamma 10:25 AM 06-14-2012
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
The only time anyone ever sees copies of my daycare paperwork is when they are a fully enrolled client. I don't mind sharing ideas with other providers and helping other providers get started, but I do mind when they take years of my hard work building up handbooks, forms, contracts, meal plans and designs and just slap their daycare name on it, kwim? I had one provider take my online ad and use it WORD FOR WORD, even used the colors and fonts I used, and MY LOGO with my daycare name in it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it's pathetic when people don't care enough to put the effort into their businesses.
Exactly. You could do a private, password protected area for enrolled families to access.
Fruitloops1 10:46 AM 06-14-2012
I am thinking about posting my handbook on my website so parents can just print out a copy if they prefer to keep a hard copy. Ink gets expensive. I was planning on keeping a hard copy in a binder and each page in a sheet protector. So I can go over it with parents during interviews. The only thing I'll print out is just the one page contract that says they agree to the handbook and they agree to pay X amount for X days a week.
fctjc1979 11:25 AM 06-14-2012
That all makes sense. I had all my forms on my website to save on paper/ink and so the parents would have no excuse to not have the forms before their child starts.

I've had two situations with forms in the past:
One dad who dropped kids off on the first day without any forms. When I asked, he rolled his eyes so I told him that I couldn't care for his children without any emergency contact information. I told him he would have to take his kids home. They never came back after that.
The other one, the mom dropped her three kids off. She had the permission for emergency medical form filled out and brought a piece of paper with her phone number on it. She said she would bring the rest the next day. I spent the entire day with three kids I knew little about because I didn't have the child info forms that tell me about the child, their schedule, likes/dislikes, etc. It took me four months to finally get all these forms from her. Two weeks later she pulled her kids out because they were moving.

I'll have to think about it and wiegh the importance of easy access to forms over letting other providers see my forms. I'm not sure what I'll do yet. I do have a couple of members only areas on my website but I'm not sure that putting the forms there would work since they would already have to have the forms filled out to be a member. Quandry

Thanks for the input!
Fruitloops1 01:04 PM 06-14-2012
You had those issue's because you had parents print their own forms?
If so, Gosh I dont know now if I will have them print them....
It sounds like a huge hassle just to save some ink...
spud912 01:13 PM 06-14-2012
I have it on my website, but in the password-protected parent area. I also am one of the few who actually print out a copy of the parent handbook for each interview. I interview so rarely that I feel it's an affordable expense. Now that I said that I'm sure I just jinxed myself and one of my families will leave .
fctjc1979 02:05 PM 06-14-2012
Azra - no, I had those issues before I put them on my website. It's the reason I decided to try putting them on my website.
daycare 02:09 PM 06-14-2012
That all makes sense. I had all my forms on my website to save on paper/ink and so the parents would have no excuse to not have the forms before their child starts.

One dad who dropped kids off on the first day without any forms. When I asked, he rolled his eyes so I told him that I couldn't care for his children without any emergency contact information. I told him he would have to take his kids home. They never came back after that.
The other one, the mom dropped her three kids off. She had the permission for emergency medical form filled out and brought a piece of paper with her phone number on it. She said she would bring the rest the next day. I spent the entire day with three kids I knew little about because I didn't have the child info forms that tell me about the child, their schedule, likes/dislikes, etc. It took me four months to finally get all these forms from her. Two weeks later she pulled her kids out because they were moving.

I'll have to think about it and wiegh the importance of easy access to forms over letting other providers see my forms. I'm not sure what I'll do yet. I do have a couple of members only areas on my website but I'm not sure that putting the forms there would work since they would already have to have the forms filled out to be a member. Quandry

Thanks for the input!
I don't post mine, just because I have not thought to do that yet.

I email mine to the families once they agree to enroll. I then set up an appointment that takes place before they start to go over the paper work. Also so they can pay holding fee, or deposit and first week payment We go over EVERTHING and I make sure that they understand all of my rules and polices. It gives them that last chance to ask anymore questions or concerns before their child starts. If they don't attend that meeting, their child can't start. I have had to do same day meetings as enrollment, but I try not to allow it to happen.

Maybe you can try something like this. In my state if you do not have the state required paperwork in your file, you will be sited. So this works great for me......
spud912 02:19 PM 06-14-2012
Sorry, I didn't read your post about the problems you have had. I only have the parent handbook online. As far as forms go, I have a contract document and a "registration" document. The contract only has a list of my policies where the parents initial each page. The registration papers include a "getting to know your child form" as well as releases to be signed.

After the interviews and I settle on one family (and vice versa), I email the registration documents and set up a date and time to go over and sign the contract. I tell the parents to fill out the registration papers and bring it when they come to fill out the contract. This means that I get it before the first day. If they can't get it to me for whatever reason, I do allow them to bring the registration documents within the first 2 weeks probationary period, but I do politely remind them about it frequently.
MamaBear 02:43 PM 06-14-2012
I never posted my contract on my website. I didn't want other daycare providers copying my paperwork. So many of them around here would copy my website word for word, so Im sure they would have copied my contract too.
fctjc1979 07:33 AM 06-15-2012
I like the idea of setting up a seperate time to go over he contract and receive the other forms. It cuts out the possibility of parents needing to drop their kids off that first day to get to work and telling me they'll get the paperwork to me later. Why didn't I think of that.
Fruitloops1 08:21 AM 06-15-2012
FCTJC979- OHHHHH okay!! Then I guess i'll go with my original idea of posting it on my website.
littlemissmuffet 03:44 AM 06-16-2012

Thanks for the input!
98% of my interviews end up in the family signing up right the and there, filling out the required forms/paperwork (I print and provide) and paying deposits or first month's fee.

1% say they will be in touch (I let them know I will continue interview - so most get back to me within 24 hours) and book an appointment to come fill out forms/paperwork and pay depostis or first months fee.

1% choose another option for childcare.

A child can never be dropped off in my care without ALL paperwork being completed and deposit/first month fee paid in full.
Tags:forms, handbook - layout, website
Reply Up