Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My New Playroom!
SunflowerMama 10:55 AM 08-06-2011
Just finished re doing our playroom so wanted to share some photos!

My favorite addition has to be the gutter bookshelves! The red things on the walls are from Ikea and open for storage. So great for small spaces!

Before:

After:

Zoe 11:17 AM 08-06-2011
Wow. That's amazing. Nice job!
Rachel 11:41 AM 08-06-2011
Looks great! I also have the trofast stuff, love it!
e.j. 12:07 PM 08-06-2011
Nice! Your kids must love playing in there!
melskids 12:37 PM 08-06-2011
nice! you're space always looks beautiful!!
jen 12:47 PM 08-06-2011
VERY nice!
GrannyJ 01:00 PM 08-06-2011
Your playroom is awesome! I love your gutter shelves. I told my DH I wanted gutter book shelves and he thought I had lost my mind! lol But when I showed him your pics he admitted that they looked really nice! So thank you, now I am going to get my own gutter shelves!!!! Enjoy your new room.
SandeeAR 02:17 PM 08-06-2011
Nice set up. Wish I had a separate room for Daycare. Just curious, how big is that room?
Christina72684 02:54 PM 08-06-2011
Can you show a picture of the red things opened? I just wondered how much they hold. What material are they made of? What does IKEA call them? We use lots of primary colors at my DC and we need more storage. Also is your tree on the wall mural that you bought somewhere or someone did for you? I love murals and am wanting to do something on a long empty wall I have.
Live and Learn 05:14 PM 08-06-2011
Such a pretty room. I love the mural!
SunflowerMama 05:21 PM 08-06-2011
Originally Posted by Christina72684:
Can you show a picture of the red things opened? I just wondered how much they hold. What material are they made of? What does IKEA call them? We use lots of primary colors at my DC and we need more storage. Also is your tree on the wall mural that you bought somewhere or someone did for you? I love murals and am wanting to do something on a long empty wall I have.
Here's a picture of it open. It holds a lot and is only 7'' deep, when closed, so doesn't take up much room at all. They are plastic and called Trones. I'm using them for barbies, baby toys and doll clothes and I have all my items stuffed in there and they are only 1/2 full.

Also the mural was painted by a friend of mine and easily my favorite thing in that room!

anya 06:02 PM 08-06-2011
Love this, it looks great!! Where do your little mesh hanging corner pockets come from? That would definitely help get a little more into our dress up area! Again, beautiful! Nice work!
CheekyChick 07:53 PM 08-06-2011
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! What a bright, friendly, happy, inviting room!!!

PS: Where did you order the wall mural? I LOVE it!!!
Abigail 08:28 PM 08-06-2011
Did you get your dolls as a set? They all seem to match. Do you only do daycare in this room and use your bathroom, kitchen, and outside to make it through the day? I really like that you have an exclusive use room.
sharlan 08:41 PM 08-06-2011
Very nice.
PitterPatter 06:08 AM 08-07-2011
It's just darling!!! Great job!
Kaddidle Care 10:18 AM 08-07-2011
That looks so nice and inviting. You should design Daycare playrooms for a living! I want to come play!
SunflowerMama 11:37 AM 08-07-2011
Originally Posted by anya:
Love this, it looks great!! Where do your little mesh hanging corner pockets come from? That would definitely help get a little more into our dress up area! Again, beautiful! Nice work!
It's actually from Ikea too.
SunflowerMama 01:08 PM 08-07-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
Did you get your dolls as a set? They all seem to match. Do you only do daycare in this room and use your bathroom, kitchen, and outside to make it through the day? I really like that you have an exclusive use room.
Here is the set of dolls and they are a great size even for the younger kids.

http://www.kaplantoys.com/store/tran...%7C0&PID=87769

We use this room for all their toys but then our floor plan is very open (kitchen, living, dining) so that is where they do all their art and eating and they also bring toys, puzzles, etc. out to the living and dining room.
Francine 06:35 AM 08-08-2011
I love your playroom! I started a thread of my own because I didn't want to steal your thread but must have done something wrong because it's now showing up so I thought I would just ask you. What ages do you have? If you have younger ones how do you keep them from tossing everything and destroying the books and things that are low to the ground. My kids are pretty typical kids but they are all 3 and under and they would have the stuff ripped to shredds or at least tossed unless I was standing there every minute.
cheeseheadmama 07:13 AM 08-08-2011
Totally amazing! Love everything about it. Your storage ideas are pure genius. Thanks so much for sharing and for getting my brain working.
SunflowerMama 07:41 AM 08-08-2011
Originally Posted by Francine:
I love your playroom! I started a thread of my own because I didn't want to steal your thread but must have done something wrong because it's now showing up so I thought I would just ask you. What ages do you have? If you have younger ones how do you keep them from tossing everything and destroying the books and things that are low to the ground. My kids are pretty typical kids but they are all 3 and under and they would have the stuff ripped to shredds or at least tossed unless I was standing there every minute.
My kids range from about 2-5 and one infant. What I do with the books is I just put the hard board books where the littles can reach and the paperbacks higher where just myself and the 5yr olds can reach. This is the first day with the bins so we're working on learning to just pull out one tray at a time and cleanup before moving onto the next. We'll see how it goes .
DCMom 07:57 AM 08-08-2011
It looks wonderful

You have inspired me to do some updating ~ look out IKEA, here I come!
JaydensMommy 08:00 AM 08-08-2011
I agree, it looks very nice. I WISH I had an Ikea nearby, I LOVE that store. I only get to go when I go visit my in-laws 4 hours away.
Tags:playroom, playroom layout
Reply Up