Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>OMG it's Monday :(
wahmof3 05:56 AM 10-15-2012
OMG I am really really questioning why I do child care!

DCK 3 hasn't stopped crying since setting foot in my door. Vomited at breakfast (but will do that if is crying). Complains that head hurts and I had DCK sit on the sofa to settle down. Now DCK is crying every single time someone gets close to DCK. I want to send DCK home, but isn't running a fever. I guess I could say DCK isn't able to participate in daily activities. I hate that call.

I hate Monday's.

I am at a loss as to what to do.
countrymom 06:07 AM 10-15-2012
sounds like some didn't get enough sleep. I would keep him and let him just be by himself. Eventually he'll regroup.
wahmof3 06:21 AM 10-15-2012
I hope this is all it is

I asked DCK if he is ready to join the others and play and so far so good. Still doesn't want anybody next to him but the crying has ceased.

Can we just skip the Monday's? Oh wait that will mean Tuesday's will be a bear

Here's to a good week
cheerfuldom 06:21 AM 10-15-2012
If kids are crying that bad, we try a nap and if that doesnt work, they go home.
DaisyMamma 06:29 AM 10-15-2012
Put him to bed.
Crazy8 06:33 AM 10-15-2012
it doesn't happen often, but occasionally I have had to just put a mat in a corner and let them lay down. Figure if they can fall asleep amongst the playing that they really need it! It doesn't usually interfere with afternoon nap either as long as you don't let them sleep too long.

Thankfully my mondays aren't too bad, since I have some kids who don't come mondays, but I am the one who is exhausted from a busy weekend today!!!
littlemissmuffet 09:39 AM 10-15-2012
Originally Posted by wahmof3:
OMG I am really really questioning why I do child care!

DCK 3 hasn't stopped crying since setting foot in my door. Vomited at breakfast (but will do that if is crying). Complains that head hurts and I had DCK sit on the sofa to settle down. Now DCK is crying every single time someone gets close to DCK. I want to send DCK home, but isn't running a fever. I guess I could say DCK isn't able to participate in daily activities. I hate that call.

I hate Monday's.

I am at a loss as to what to do.
*hugs*

I would honestly send the child home for the day. I don't care WHY a child pukes (yes, even if it's from being dramatic and crying) they can't stay. No child in my daycare needs a fever before being sent home.
Also, I send home if a child is unable to participate, this child qualifies for both of these issues.

I'd call mom/dad.

Best.
Reply Up