Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Chore Chart/Jo Duties... Papering For Summer Help Pls
frugalmama4 07:31 AM 05-15-2012
Hello,

Does anyone have a chore chart and/or job duty list for your own children to follow?

I want to give my three older kids 11yr, 8yr, 9yr a chance to earn some summer cash by helping with the daycare. I'm thinking something along the lines of-

Job/chore duty, who completed it, time completed, dollar amount earn

I'm not good with chart making on the old computer, if anyone has tips/ideals please share.

Thanks in advance!
Blackcat31 07:38 AM 05-15-2012
If you use MMK, there is a chart maker option you can use to make a custom chart yourself.
Meyou 07:49 AM 05-15-2012
I have a chore chart and a chore description list. The descriptions have helped me far more than the chart which we use more as a guideline now. I listed all the chores my kids may possibly be asked to do and then exactly what I expected for that job. There is no more, "I forgot that part", "I didn't know I had to do that" or "You never said that!" at all anymore because it's all on the list. My chore chart for my older dd's is just a weekly list with 1-2 chores per day listed along with the everyday chores of tidying their rooms, putting clean laundry away and making their beds. For my younger dd I have a daily list of everything she needs to do from making her bed to making lunch for school to putting her dirty clothes in the hamper so she can just check the list to keep on track.

I don't use incentives though. I expect them to help out.
SunshineMama 09:05 AM 05-15-2012
I have a chore chart for my almost 4 year old. It has the dates of the week across the top, and the chore on the left column. She gets 1 star for completing a chore. If she gets 7 stars in a row in a week she gets a quarter.

Her chores are:

Pick up own room
Help Vacuum with the vacuum attachment
Put away own laundry
Help sort the socks
Dust coffee and end tables
Wipe cupboards down
Put away silverware from dishwasher

She really loves it when she earns a star and we use it as a good lesson on how to contribute as a member of the family.
countrymom 11:04 AM 05-15-2012
I don't have MMK, but I need a chart too. My older 2 kids are my summer helpers so I don't mind paying them, but I need things for them too do. So what does everyones helpers do all day (my kids know how to cook so they can acually make meals)
WImom 11:21 AM 05-15-2012
LOVE the idea of having them put who did it. Maybe that would motivate my own two kids. I'm going to do this on top of their normal chores.
momofsix 12:05 PM 05-15-2012
I could NEVER keep up with chore charts I'd do great for maybe 2 weeks..and go downhill from there.
The only thing that worked for me was writing each chore on a recipe card and listing EVERY little detail involved in the chore. (ex. washing dishes: wash dishes, clean out sink, wipe around sink. wipe down counters...) That way they could tell if they actually did the job to my "high standards"
Each child would pick a chore card and that would be their responsibility for the whole week. Having them do it weekly vs. daily stopped the "lazy" way of doing things knowing someone else would be in charge of it the next day.
They would sometimes try to bend or otherwise "mark" the easier chores so they would know which one to pick...sneaky girls!
That's the only chore system that EVER worked for our family!
Tags:chore chart, chores, job description, summer
Reply Up