Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What An Interview!
Angelwings36 03:19 PM 03-02-2011
So I had an interview today that was just something else! Mom calls me saying they need childcare asap...she is not sure if they want full time or part time though. Her son is 15 months old so she thought she would start him part time until he adjusts and then move him into a full time schedule. I told her right away on the phone that it takes children twice as long to adjust on a part time schedule than a full time schedule. She doesn't say much...

In the interview the parent's asked me if I would...

1. Accomodate cloth diapers...(No sorry I do not have the extra time in my day to be messing with that)

2. Buy special snacks for their child...(I asked about allergies...no allergies...just want special things just for their child...No sorry all the children are treated equally)

3. If it would be ok if dad came for the first few days with the daycare boy so he didn't cry (Uhhh...no I do not accomodate this. I told them that most children that age are going to cry when dropped off...this is normal...the best thing you can do is make drop offs as sweet and short as possible. Mom says at this point that she is not ok with son crying...alright then!)

4. Although they were well aware that I run a full daycare program (8 children total is legal here) mom insisted I should only have 4 kids max when there son was there because having 8 kids means I would be showing negligence. (Ugh! Bite tongue lol! I did mention that they could find a smaller program to accomodate their needs if that's what they wanted...but mom still insisted that they give it a try here)

So...

Parents leave informing me they will call me tomorrow to set something up...REALLY?????

So what do I do when they call? Should I just tell them the space was filled...I am definetly not willing to take them on?
Tags:interview, interview gone bad
Up