Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>SO EXCITED!! New Art Supplies
SilverSabre25 06:16 AM 02-06-2011
So yesterday I talked DH into taking me to the Lakeshore store with a plan to buy some things. He agreed (without much reluctance for a change!) and he chased DD around while I picked some stuff out. I had $40 to spend and I knew I wanted some new art supplies. Doing arty stuff is the biggest area my program is lacking right now.

After browsing around for awhile, I got these nice plastic "muffin tins" (6 holes in each) for holding paint, glue, or other craft supplies, 4 colors of fingerpaint (red, blue, yellow, and white), and a package of 4 plastic craft trays. The craft trays are going to be great for painting and for just about anything else--including playdough and simple coloring with crayons. My group has been having trouble with concepts like "only color on your own paper" and "only play with your own playdough" so I'm hoping that giving them defined space like this will help a LOT.

In a couple weeks I plan on going back and getting smocks, no spill paint cups, these Roll-On Painters, which they had out to play with and my 3 yo had a blast, and other stuff.

Can you tell I'm super excited?
Little People 06:27 AM 02-06-2011
I love the trays and the roll on paints!
kendallina 06:30 AM 02-06-2011
Yeh! I love getting new supplies! Have fun!
Tags:art supplies, crafts, supplies
Reply Up