Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Is Day Care For Alzheimer Patient Deductible
Unregistered 08:16 AM 01-11-2012
Several of my wife's doctors have strongly recommended my wife join a day care program for peolple like her wh have Alzheimers. They said she would do better with the disease if she attends a program with activities suitable for her. She has recently joined a program and the payments are not covered by insurance. She will be attending two days a week. Are the payments for the program tax deductible as a medical expense or otherwise?
Thanks for any information you can provide.
Ron
Cat Herder 08:22 AM 01-11-2012
Sorry... Did not see which forum it was again.

Grr. "New Posts" tab....
TomCopeland 09:40 AM 01-11-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Several of my wife's doctors have strongly recommended my wife join a day care program for peolple like her wh have Alzheimers. They said she would do better with the disease if she attends a program with activities suitable for her. She has recently joined a program and the payments are not covered by insurance. She will be attending two days a week. Are the payments for the program tax deductible as a medical expense or otherwise?
Thanks for any information you can provide.
Ron
These are personal medical expenses that may be claimed if you itemize your taxes. They are not considered business expenses. See my article: http://www.tomcopelandblog.com/2011/...eductible.html
Unregistered 01:56 PM 01-12-2012
Thank you so much Mr Copeland.
Ron
Tags:alzheimer's
Reply Up