Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Small Space-Toddlers And 2 Babies
littlemommy 06:49 AM 01-05-2012
I currently have 3 toddlers, and will have 2 babies. After my maternity leave I will have mine and another newborn starting. The main thing I'm worried about is space. I want them both to sleep on the main floor, but don't have room for 2 pack n plays. I have one vibrating bouncy seat thing , but that won't work for sleeping arrangements. Also have a swing but don't have room for that.

We have a play room right when you walk in the front door, and our living room connected and open to that. Then our kitchen is off to the side. The toddlers are used to having free run of the play room and living room (which is basically one big room)...so gating them off to just the play room may be tough.
cheerfuldom 09:13 AM 01-05-2012
that sounds like too many little ones.....

other than that, can you nap any of the kids in the bedrooms? you can set up pack n plays and just take them down after each nap, it's a pain but it could work.
SandeeAR 09:31 AM 01-05-2012
I have 3 toddlers, and 1 baby. The "free and open" space in my den is about 8 x 10. That is the play area, period. They sometimes go down my hallway and run back. I don't let them play in the kitchen, they are only in it to eat.

I think one room gated off is plenty of room for the toddlers. Then put the pak n plays in the other room. I'm luck enough to use one of my bedrooms for nap time.
littlemommy 11:04 AM 01-05-2012
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
I have 3 toddlers, and 1 baby. The "free and open" space in my den is about 8 x 10. That is the play area, period. They sometimes go down my hallway and run back. I don't let them play in the kitchen, they are only in it to eat.

I think one room gated off is plenty of room for the toddlers. Then put the pak n plays in the other room. I'm luck enough to use one of my bedrooms for nap time.
I think this is what I'll do. I am able to use bedrooms as sleeping areas, but don't trust the toddlers in there. We live in a bungalow house, so our bedrooms are upstairs. One bedroom is under construction, and as soon as that one is done we'll be working on the other one. I could make that an option in the finished bedroom, but would still like them to be on the main floor with me.
Tags:crib rules, infant - safety, regulations, room dividers, room setup, square footage
Reply Up