Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Who was it that recently had adcg who wouldn't eat? Wednesday?
CraftyMom 09:43 AM 07-23-2014
The one where dcg would hold out all day and only eat junk? Wouldn't touch a vegetable?

How did this turn out? I have a newer dcg 2.5 that is doing the same thing. She hasn't eaten here in 3 weeks other than blueberries and a few other fruits. Of course she's holding out for snack, which I make sure is fruits or veggies.

I say newer because this is the one I used to have on Fridays only, then she left for 6 months, now she's back full time. I don't remember having any issues with her eating when she used to come on Fridays. Of course a lot can happen in 6 months and it's probably a phase. It sure is frustrating though!

I'm trying to just not let it bother me. If she doesn't eat, fine, but nothing until the next meal. Today at lunch she didn't touch anything. I made sure to save her a bowl of corn for when snack comes around lol

I should add that she arrives everyday with remnants of her chocolate donut on her face and asks for nuggets at lunch time, which I do serve occasionally. I'm wondering what she ate at the daycare she just came from
Blackcat31 09:56 AM 07-23-2014
I think it was MissAnn

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72438
MissAnn 10:02 AM 07-23-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
The one where dcg would hold out all day and only eat junk? Wouldn't touch a vegetable?

How did this turn out? I have a newer dcg 2.5 that is doing the same thing. She hasn't eaten here in 3 weeks other than blueberries and a few other fruits. Of course she's holding out for snack, which I make sure is fruits or veggies.

I say newer because this is the one I used to have on Fridays only, then she left for 6 months, now she's back full time. I don't remember having any issues with her eating when she used to come on Fridays. Of course a lot can happen in 6 months and it's probably a phase. It sure is frustrating though!

I'm trying to just not let it bother me. If she doesn't eat, fine, but nothing until the next meal. Today at lunch she didn't touch anything. I made sure to save her a bowl of corn for when snack comes around lol

I should add that she arrives everyday with remnants of her chocolate donut on her face and asks for nuggets at lunch time, which I do serve occasionally. I'm wondering what she ate at the daycare she just came from
I just quit saying anything. She keeps saying things like, I'm going to eat 3 green beans, is that enough???? I just shrug like I don't care and say, if you want.

You know what? Today she ate broccoli with no prompting. I took away the expectation. Now it's all on her.

I just remind myself that the food program pays wether or not the kids eat.
Reply Up