Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Soiled Clothes
Unregistered 11:15 AM 07-21-2014
Do you bag up and send home the kids clothes that have been puked on or pooped in home for the parents to wash?

I sent home a kid who puked today yes happy freaking Monday to me! I bagged up his soiled clothes and sent them home with him did I do the right thing or should I have washed them??
mema 11:19 AM 07-21-2014
That's what I do to. Bag 'em and send 'em. The only thing I wash here are blankets, water things, and winter things that stay here.
Second Home 11:26 AM 07-21-2014
I bag them and send home .
hope 11:26 AM 07-21-2014
Depends on the dcm. I have those that go above and beyond for me and I will do the same for them. I will happily wash their kids clothes and have them ready for pick up. If it happens towards the end of the day I let them know they will have them back the following day clean and dry.
I will quickly bag soiled clothes for those families that would not appreciate my efforts. And if I once washed before for a family and they have been questioning my rules or getting on my nerves in some way I have switched to bagging their stuff. There is no reason to justify if you wash or bag. Do what you feel but definitely don't feel obliged.
Blackcat31 11:26 AM 07-21-2014
I'm a child care service provider not a laundry service.

Plus, with all the allergies to laundry soaps and such, it's not a chance I want to take.
coolconfidentme 11:27 AM 07-21-2014
I bag em too.
SignMeUp 12:04 PM 07-21-2014
Bag 'em, Danno
Heidi 12:06 PM 07-21-2014
If it's bodily fluid, I bag em.

If it's dirt from being outside or because I was too lazy to put a bib on, I usually pre-treat and throw them in with our stuff.

I only have 4 kiddos though, and they're all under 2. It's not really much extra work for me.
KiddieCahoots 04:48 PM 07-21-2014
Originally Posted by SignMeUp:
Bag 'em, Danno
........that's great!

I bag em too!
It even tells us to bag em in our regs here.
nannyde 04:52 PM 07-21-2014
I don't like dealing with restocking spare clothes so I wash and put in spare clothes..
Crazy8 04:56 PM 07-21-2014
I used to always wash them and send them home but in recent years I've just bagged them to be sent home. Like Hope said though, I think that was because I used to have such great families that I didn't mind doing it but now I rarely have clients who appreciate things like that so I guess I just stopped doing it.
Michelle 05:06 PM 07-21-2014
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I don't like dealing with restocking spare clothes so I wash and put in spare clothes..
I also hate begging for spare clothes, i will wash and keep as long as it's not poopy
lovemykidstoo 05:17 PM 07-21-2014
I typically will rinse out and bag unless I'm throwing something in anyway and it's not poopy. I will not wash poopy in my washer. Speaking of that, I have a 3 yr old that is training and has had a poop in his underwear. How do you guys clean that out? I just dunked in the toilet as best I coudl and bagged it, but it was nasty.
AmyKidsCo 06:34 PM 07-21-2014
I bag them and send them home. My current families are really good about sending extra clothes back.
daycare 06:43 PM 07-21-2014
depends on how bad and when it happened. I do two loads of laundry for daycare a day. And depending on how much stuff I have to wash.

one in the morning and one in the at nap time. if it happens after nap time bag up go home.

If it happens in the morning and it's not a really bad episode I wash it.
Meyou 01:39 AM 07-22-2014
I bag washroom accidents and wash everything else so I don't have to chase spares.
pandamom 03:13 AM 07-22-2014
I always bag them and send them home.

The only time I washed an item, it was a disaster. I threw the tshirt in with the rest of the classroom wash (cot sheets, towels, etc). Well, the caregiver before me used bleach and there was some residue so the tshirt got a big old bleach spot on it. Of course the DCM was the most nitpicky parent I ever had I ended up paying the mom for the ruined shirt since it was my fault that it ended up with the bleach spot.
Play Care 03:28 AM 07-22-2014
Bag them up!
When I was starting out and took my state's initial training, we were told to never wash dck's clothing in our personal washer/dryer. Germs, soap allergies, etc. were sited. And of course the trainer said "And if you do it once, they'll expect it, and trust me when I say you won't always have the time!" Didn't realize at the time just how smart she was!!
I recently read an article on just how disgusting washers are, so I'm even less inclined to wash another child's clothing.
LysesKids 04:47 AM 07-22-2014
I bag 'em up... I usually have at least 2 changes of clothes here per baby, but lately, trying to get the sares back has been a headache; I DO NOT WANT MY NEW WASHER washing anything but my clothes and the daycare blankets that i provide ...
Tags:soiled, soiled clothes
Reply Up