Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Monday Woes
KiddieCahoots 04:12 PM 07-21-2014
Ok, most of us have challenging Monday's.
Have a dcb 9months that comes exhausted!
Mom doesn't slow down for the little guy, so the weekend is go..go..go! He's a lot like her too, that any and every bit of stimulation, distracts him from getting down to some restful sleep.
The thing is our Monday's are miserable! He sleeps all day long starting from 10 minutes after his mom drops him off in the morn. He's usually too tired to even eat. I'll wake him up after about 3 hours, feed him, try to go outside, but then an hour to two hours later, he's crying, cranky, and just unbearable, until I put him back to bed, and he'll sleep for another 3 to 4 hours.
Would you just continue with this routine, and give him the rest he needs, chalking Monday's up to be a washout, or try and talk to mom.....again?
Butter Biskets 04:20 PM 07-21-2014
If mom isn't complaining about dcb not sleeping at night, I would totally let him sleep. It makes your day easier.
KiddieCahoots 04:39 PM 07-21-2014
Originally Posted by KellyinCalgary:
If mom isn't complaining about dcb not sleeping at night, I would totally let him sleep. It makes your day easier.
The only thing....he's a light sleeper. We have to be somewhat quiet to let him sleep, even with fans going in the room he's in. And when we go outside, he screams and cries, to the point that I'm worried what my neighbors will start thinking. But if I can't get the older kids outside, they become little beast, and get into all sorts of trouble too! It becomes a chain reaction, ya know?
coolconfidentme 05:43 PM 07-21-2014
I had the opposite problem, nobody took a nap longer than 15 minutes. UGH!
Heidi 05:59 PM 07-21-2014
Are you able to move him to another room?

Also, here is WI, sight or sound means we can leave a sleeping infant in a room with a monitor and take the others outside. Doing that would depend on your regs and your set up, obviously.
KiddieCahoots 06:25 PM 07-21-2014
Originally Posted by Heidi:
Are you able to move him to another room?

Also, here is WI, sight or sound means we can leave a sleeping infant in a room with a monitor and take the others outside. Doing that would depend on your regs and your set up, obviously.
Yay.....I have moved him to another room, right when the regs said I could at six months old. He's still a light sleeper, even when he's beside himself with exhaustion.
Pretty sure my regs say we have to be on the same floor, and I'd be on a different floor level if I took the kids outside while he slept. Although, I'm gonna have to double check on that, cause technically the front of the house is a ranch, and the back of the house has a walkout cellar. So....lol, technically it may work.
Thanks Heidi!
cheerfuldom 05:53 AM 07-22-2014
If you cant leave him in the room with a monitor and continue with the days activities, I would talk to mom one last time and put the family on probation. If she is completely resistant, I would term. No sense planning the whole day around one child plus it sounds like he really isnt that better the rest of the week either.
Reply Up