Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Contract Help
momofboys 04:10 PM 04-11-2010
My contract is not super-long. I only have one client so I like to make it short & sweet but I just added to it. I will be done providing care for my parent in about 7 weeks as summer break is approaching but I wanted to have our new contract ready to give her. Or is it wise to give it to her before summer break? Should I wait until a few weeks before school begins in the fall? I would appreciate any advice/suggestions. Also I am concerned that my wording may be harsh. What do you think? I just copied it into this document. The formatting looks a bit off but I assure you the actual document does not look this way!

RATES, FEES & POLICIES

This agreement contains the financial terms for childcare for the following child(ren):
; ; and
; . The hours and days agreed upon for care are as follows:

DAY FROM (AM/PM) TO (AM/PM)
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday

Notification must be made, in writing, if any changes are needed to these hours. Parents agree to pay childcare according to schedule.

Parent(s)/Legal Guardian(s) have agreed to pay $______________ per week, every Friday for childcare. Payments may be made in either cash or check. Please be advised there is a $15.00 charge for all returned checks. Payments are due in advance on Friday for the next week of service. If payment is not made on Friday you will incur a $10.00 late fee for each day after Friday. By signing below you agree to adhere with all rate fees in addition to all policies attached.

Parent/Guardian’s Signature: Date:

Childcare Provider’s Signature: Date:

Parent agrees to pay the amount listed above on a weekly basis unless provider is on vacation or has scheduled days off or must close due to a family illness. In such cases I will refund the proper amount for your next week's fees. No fees will be refunded for an illness in your family. Provider may take up to two weeks off for vacation/personal time. In most cases you will be notified several months in advance so you can make alternate care arrangements. You are not expected to pay for provider's vacation/closed days. You do agree to pay provider for the following holidays:

Labor Day
Thanksgiving Day
Day after Thanksgiving
Christmas Day
Memorial Day

Attendance:

I am willing to give a discount if your child/children are only here part of the week (a scheduled doctor's appt, day off for whatever reason except for illness). However, I must be given advance notice of at least two weeks otherwise no discounts will apply & the standard weekly rate will apply.

Hours:

I am open from 7:00 am until 4:50 pm. Anytime before or after these timeframes must be arranged in advance. If you believe you will be late, please notify me. I reserve the right to charge a late fee for habitual late pick-ups. However, I understand that sometimes traffic/weather will be bad & there is no way to avoid a late pick-up. If lateness is not habitual I will be lenient & likely not charge a late fee. If you have a meeting or doctor's appt after work & know in advance that you will be late, please let me know at least one week in advance so I can plan accordingly. Anytime utilized after 4:50 p.m. is subject to a fee of $10.00 per half hour, or any part of half an hour. Please be respectful of my time with my family by abiding by these guidelines. I also appreciate knowing in advance if you will be earlier than normal at drop-off or later than normal at drop-off.

Snow Day Policy

If parent's work is closed due to inclement weather & parent chooses to remain home with their child, parent still owes provider 1/2 the normal daily rate. I will always remain open regardless of the weather unless I must close due to an illness or a Level 3 snow emergency.

Illness Policy
PARENT AGREES TO KEEP THEIR CHILD/CHILDREN AT HOME OR SEEK ALTERNATE CARE ARRANGEMENTS FOR THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
o Fever (100.5°F or higher)
o Sore throat or trouble swallowing
o Unexplained diarrhea or loose stool combined with nausea, vomiting or abdominal cramps. The child will be kept at home until all symptoms have stopped.
CARE OF A SICK CHILD AND NOTIFICATION OF PARENTS
When a child becomes ill, I will make the child comfortable in a quiet place where he/she can rest and will be closely supervised.
Parents will be notified and agree to begin making alternate work arrangements or arrangements for alternate care. If I cannot reach a parent, I will call an emergency contact listed on the registration form or the child's doctor may be contacted depending on the seriousness of the illness. In cases where your child does not come to childcare due to an illness no refund will be offered.*
ILLNESS IN MY FAMILY
Likewise, if my family is experiencing a similar illness I will notify you in advance asap that you may need to find alternate care. I will give you the option to still care for your children in my home (depending on the extent of the illness) & would attempt to keep my sick child away from your children. If such a case arises & you choose not to bring your child to my home I would refund you the amount you had paid for that day or credit your account for the next week.
momofboys 04:14 PM 04-11-2010
I also need to add something about giving 2 weeks notice for stopping care by either party.
momma2girls 05:43 PM 04-11-2010
I had one family about 2 yrs. ago bounce a check and it cost $30.00 for returning the check. You might want to increase your overdraft charge.
Michael 06:10 PM 04-11-2010
Here is another contract to look at submitted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11243
tymaboy 07:09 PM 04-11-2010
Here is my policy & here is my contract I have them sign both.
MrsCoffee 05:59 AM 04-12-2010
Hope this works I was blessed with help on it from a former Daycare woman for of 20 plus years. Will post in 3 parts.

Hours of Operation: 7:00 A.M. – 5:45 P.M Monday through Friday

Admission Requirements:

I.Emergency information card
II.Child must be up to date with immunizations
III.Signed and dated contract
IV.First week payment

Termination of Service:

A: Day Care provider is not required to give a parent prior notices under these provisions.

I.Non-payment of fees
II.Extended illness or absence of child without pay
III.Non-compliance with policies
IV.Failure to meet immunizations
V.Disruptive behavior / harmful behavior

Health Policy:

A: A child with any of the following symptoms must be kept at home until symptoms have passed for a 24 hours period. If child goes to pediatrician for the illness, a doctor’s note must be supplied, stating the child is in no way contagious.

I.Anything contagious
II.Diarrhea
III.Vomiting
IV.Sore throat
V.Thick or colored discharge from nose, ears, eyes, etc…
VI.Temperature over 100 degrees

Rates: Fees and Late charges for A 1-10 Hour Day

* $150.00 a week for infants up 18 months
* $125.00 a week for children over 18 months
* $100.00 a week for ˝ day, after school care
* $50.00 a week for 3pm – 5:45pm after school care

* $30.00 a day for part time, full day care

*Full time is four days or more
*Fees must be paid every Monday
*Payments remain the same per week regardless of holidays or absences unless (using sick or vacation days) given one week in advance.
*NSF checks have a $35.00 fee.

If you come only through the school year or less than five days, you give up vacation days and sick days without payment.

Late / Early Charges:

Parents are expected to pickup and drop off their child at the time contracted everyday. Only under special pre-approved circumstances may a parent arrange a late pick up or schedule an early drop off. In any case, the following charges will apply, and be automatically added to your weekly bill. Anything over 5 minutes late will be a $15.00 late fee. No exception will be made!

X____________________ Initials

Sick Days:

Parents will be given two sick days this year in which no payment is required. Weekly rate will be pro-rated and credit will be applied to the following week. No advance notice requirement. These sick days are given to enable parents to keep their children home when they are ill without the financial responsibility. This only applies to full time children.

A Special Note:

The children in my care are long all long term care. I would like for parents to know, that at no time your child will be released from my care without good reason. Usually it is a reason stated in the above contract. However, I reserve the right to terminate care for any reason I feel necessary. Every attempt will be made to correct any problems we are having before termination. Because this is a business, I have to always look out for the best interest of all the children involved in my care. This policy will give you, the parents, peace of mind when you go to work, as to the type of environment your child will be cared for in.

I look forward to caring for your child, and establishing continuing a good relationship with you, the parents. If there is ever a time that you would like to discuss anything with me, I am always available to talk.

Thank you.

Vacations:

There will be 3 weeks this year in which no child care services will be available. Parents are not responsible for payment during these days. However, any other days missed will require payment. (Except sick days and two weeks vacation)

For full time children:

Vacation days in 2010 will be as follows:

1.April 16
2.TBD
3.October 25-29
4.December 27-31

Holidays:

There will be no day care services offered on the following holidays this year. Parents are responsible for paying for these days.

a.Memorial Day
b.Independence Day
c.Labor Day
d.Thanksgiving
e.Christmas Eve/Day
f.New Year’s Day

Please mark these dates on your calendar!!!
MrsCoffee 06:00 AM 04-12-2010
Parent responsibility:

1. Dress child according to the weather forecast. We will go outside at least once a day in nice weather.

2.Please be sure your child always has a change of clothing packed.

3.Diapers, wipes, and diaper ointment for the week are your responsibility.

4.Formula, baby food, cereal for babies are your responsibility.

5.Two weeks notice or two weeks payment upon termination of child care. (If this rule is not followed, provider reserves right to take client to court for the duration of the contract.) X _______________ Initials.

6.Weekly fees paid on time.

7.Toy guns and war guns with any items related to aggression are not allowed.

8.Parents must supply all medications for child, and sign medication sheet to have medication given, without, the medication will not be given.

Services:

1.Member of Different Child Care Organizations.

2.Attends different workshops pertaining to child development.

3.Certified in infant/child and adult CPR. First Aid and Blood Born Pathogens.

4.My home is a completely smoke–free environment.

5.Many toys and activities are supplied for children at each stage of their development.

6.The environment your child will be cared for in is child–proofed, safe and licensed. This gives your child the freedom to explore without the dangers of a non–child proofed home.

7.Plenty of attention is given both on an individual and a group for each of the children in my care.

BEHAVIOR MANAGEMENT POLICY:

I use positive methods of discipline to encourage self control and cooperation. A short time out period is given to help remove a child from a situation, and possibly give the child time to regroup. Each child, when given a time out, is explained whet they did wrong.

Parents will be notified if there child is misbehaving, however, this doesn’t mean that you need to re-discipline your child that evening.

Under no circumstances will spanking or any other form of physical punishment be used in my home. No child will ever be subject to foul language or be embarrassed in my home.

I always praise the children by using positive language when using correct behavior. This seems to prevent more drastic problems in the future.

The following guidelines will be used when disciplining your child:

a. The child is given a warning, told what they are doing wrong, and is asked
to stop the behavior.

b. Time out will be used next. The child sits in time out for 1 minute per year of age.

c. Parent will be made aware of problem and asked to help redirect behavior in evening also.

d. If same problem continues to occur, child will be forbidden from that activity until care giver decides child can participate again.

e. If a problem is continuously disruptive to the proper operation of this day care, and we see no improvement with the discipline being used, child will be dismissed from care.

f. Babies who suffer from colic, or consistent fussiness, and crying will be dismissed from care.

This contract will provide a space for my child under your care beginning _________ 2010, and ending December 31st 2010. The rate is $_______ a week, and I am obligated to pay each week until contract is completed. (Unless I give 2 week notice)
The days and times I need care are as follows:

Monday _____to_____
Tuesday _____to_____
Wednesday _____to_____
Thursday _____to_____
Friday _____to_____

I understand that if I pick up my child later than or drop off earlier than the times stated above, I will automatically be charged the Late / Early fee. This will automatically be charged whether or not prior notice is given.

I fully understand everything involved in this contract, and have taken all opportunities to clarify any questions to signing this document. I agree to abide by the policies written in this contract, and understand I will be held legally responsible for all payments discussed in this contract.

____________Initials

___________________________ _______________
Parent signature Date

Parent signature Date

Kelly R. Rogers Date

The rate is $_______ a day, and I am obligated to pay each week.
The days and times I need care are as follows:

Monday _____to_____
Tuesday _____to_____
Wednesday _____to_____
Thursday _____to_____
Friday _____to_____

I understand that if I pick up my child later than or drop off earlier than the times stated above, I will automatically be charged the Late / Early fee. This will automatically be charged whether or not prior notice is given.

I fully understand everything involved in this contract, and have taken all opportunities to clarify any questions to signing this document. I agree to abide by the policies written in this contract, and understand I will be held legally responsible for all payments discussed in this contract.

____________Initials

Parent signature Date

Parent signature Date

Kelly R. Rogers Date
MrsCoffee 06:03 AM 04-12-2010
This has a page for part time contract and a separate one for full timers. I hope this helps. Contracts are overwhelming and sticky sometimes. I was so glad to have this done and I think it is very simple to understand.
momofboys 12:02 PM 04-12-2010
Thank you everyone for your advice & for allowing me to see some of your contracts!
Tags:contract
Reply Up