Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
1 2
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>O...M...G....How Much Do You Hold Your Newborns?!
Blackcat31 08:30 AM 12-18-2011
Originally Posted by frgsonmysox:
Whats wrong with co-sleeping?
I don't think poster was saying co-sleeping was bad, just that if that is the ONLY way a child knows how to get to sleep, then it sets the child up for a bad sleeping/napping experience at child care when the provider isn't going to lie down with or hold the child for each and every nap.

Co-sleeping can be a fantastic way to bond with your child but if it is the only way for a child to get to sleep then as a provider, I would coach mom to co-sleep at night but to teach the child to nap without her. My fussy little guy I have now is working on napping alone but co-sleeping with mom at night. If she hadn't made the change or wasn't willing to do so, I would not have kept this little one. It would not have been possible to do without alienating the other DCK's or losing my sanity.
Unregistered 10:12 PM 12-18-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
People who can't afford to have one parent stay home shouldn't have children? Wow, how's the view from your high horse?
Seriously! And in what world are all babies planned? My nephew was a wonderful "surprise" when his mom was just 18 and yes he had to go to daycare at just 3 months old. He's now 15 and has a great relationship with his parents. I waited to have my son until I was nearly 30, college-educated, married with a house, dog, the whole gingerbread thing then the economy went down hill and our salaries were cut and we couldn't afford for me to stay home. Things don't always work out as planned. But luckily grandma was able to help us out. Now that I have a daycare I care for a newborn. Its not nearly as bad as some posters here make it out to be. I have a very small group (just 3 to 4 kids each day) and only take one young infant at a time. She gets plenty of love and attention and never cries it out and I think she's very lucky to have two mommy figures that love her!
Unregistered 09:02 AM 12-19-2011
You said the baby is Colicky and spoiled rotten, and how can parents do this to their providers?? That comment was extrememly selfish, the parents have every right to hold their baby 24/7 if they want to. And no one should be mad at them, for loving their baby....but really you don't know how much the babies held, it just might not be enjoying the daycare environment and all the kids yet.
C'est la vie. 08:38 PM 12-19-2011
I just keep passing this post and not replying, wanting to add a little comment that is unnecessary and not helpful and out of the scope of where this discussion has gone.

My reply as a mom would be "As much as I needed to feel good as a parent and still get a few things done around the house."
We all only do what we know to do. There is no clear "right" answer. My dd was content, my son was not. I tried to not hold him all the time. Now he's two and angry and fussy and wants to be cuddled constantly and I fight the guilt of wondering if he'd be more secure and content if I'd just held him whenever he wanted it, whenever I felt like it, as I did when I had only one child.
Tags:holding - too long, spoiled
1 2
Reply Up