Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Our Adopted Soldier.....
Sugar Magnolia 11:22 AM 08-15-2011
..... is being redeployed. He has been home from Iraq for exactly one year, now off to the dreaded "A" word. He is a very close personal friend of mine, so that makes it even harder to deal with. This time around, its just going to be me supporting him. I won't involve the kids anymore, its just too scary and emotional for me. We have a younger group this year, so they won't understand anyways. Sigh....I don't have it in me anymore.
e.j. 11:32 AM 08-15-2011
I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I know it's stressful for all involved. My nephew has been to Iraq twice and from what I understand, should be leaving for Afghanistan sometime this fall. I worry so much about him every time he's over there.

What is your friend's first name? I'll include him when I pray for my nephew.
Sugar Magnolia 11:35 AM 08-15-2011
Mark. Thank you for that
Cat Herder 11:44 AM 08-15-2011
I add him to our list, too.
Sugar Magnolia 11:59 AM 08-15-2011
Thank you Cat and EJ. I feel bad not including the kids again, but its too much. He knows we love him....
Cat Herder 12:13 PM 08-15-2011
You can still include them, just do www.operationshoebox.com instead of one particular person.

It is about protecting them from the possible pain of losing someone they love prematurely, anyone will understand that.
MamaBear 12:21 PM 08-15-2011
My husband is leaving for Afghanistan later this year for 6-7 months. This will be his second time there... He's been to Iraq 4 times now. This should be his last deployment (I hope). I pray for every one of our troops on deployment every day.

I'm gonna be a mess later this year
familyschoolcare 03:04 PM 08-15-2011
I will keep all the deployed/ing in our prayers keep waiting for when my hubby tells me he is going over sea it is past his turn do not know why he has not been sent must have something to do with his rank and job in the navy
Sugar Magnolia 03:34 PM 08-15-2011
Originally Posted by MamaBear:
My husband is leaving for Afghanistan later this year for 6-7 months. This will be his second time there... He's been to Iraq 4 times now. This should be his last deployment (I hope). I pray for every one of our troops on deployment every day.

I am here for you MamaBear, we all are
Sugar Magnolia 03:38 PM 08-15-2011
Originally Posted by familyschoolcare:
I will keep all the deployed/ing in our prayers keep waiting for when my hubby tells me he is going over sea it is past his turn do not know why he has not been sent must have something to do with his rank and job in the navy
Thank you Familyschoolcare! I hope your husband is never sent. I support the troops, just prefer they ALL COME HOME soon.
familyschoolcare 03:45 PM 08-15-2011
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
Thank you Familyschoolcare! I hope your husband is never sent. I support the troops, just prefer they ALL COME HOME soon.
I prefer he stayed home too however sometimes he thinks he is not really doing his part.
Sugar Magnolia 04:00 PM 08-15-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
You can still include them, just do www.operationshoebox.com instead of one particular person.

It is about protecting them from the possible pain of losing someone they love prematurely, anyone will understand that.
Thanks for that link Cat. After my friend Mark came home the first time, we did adopt another guy through Adopt a Soldier. We sent him boxes of goodies and postcards, he is on his way home in 3 weeks. I think I just need a break from it for a while. Its such a good cause though, I'm just too emotionally involved right now.
Meeko 06:49 PM 08-15-2011
Originally Posted by MamaBear:

Been there MamaBear. My hubby is retired Air Force...was gone during Desert Storm.

You know where to come if you need a shoulder......
MamaBear 09:32 PM 08-15-2011
Thank you so much Meeko60 & Sugar Magnolia. I really appreciate your words. I'm sure I'll be on here a lot during his deployment. It will be a tough time for me and my boys since he'll be gone thru all the major holidays & all our birthdays, anniversary etc. Afghanistan is my least favorite place for him to be going too. He is trained very well though & so I'm trusting in his training, experience, smarts & abilities along with lots of prayers that he'll come home safe & sound to me & our 3 boys.

To Familyschoolcare: your really lucky he isn't going anywhere but I know what your saying... My husband loves his job and would go crazy if he couldn't get to deploy. I don't know if rank or years makes a lot of difference unless maybe he's an officer. My husband is in the Navy too but he is a Senior Chief in EOD... He's been in for @ 22 years now... And he's still deploying. He promises this is his last deployment though... He'll retire in a few years he says... But that's what he said right before he hit 20 years too! Haha
MamaBear 09:41 PM 08-15-2011
Quick funny story: I signed my hubby up for this adopt a soldier thing once several years back (not this same one you guys are talking about)and this lady "adopted" him. I sent him boxes too but i thought it would be nice if he could have more to share. She sent nice boxes at first and got all the things he liked and needed... But a few packages later she sent him a looong flirty letter doused in awful strong thick cheap perfumes!!! She also sent him a picture of herself! I contacted her ASAP and thanked her but he didn't need anymore boxes sent! I was mad but thankful for the packages she did send. It was just a shame that she knew he was married with kids and still did that. She was old enough to be his mom too. Now we look back & laugh about it - but that was crazy!!!
Sugar Magnolia 03:24 AM 08-16-2011
O....M...G MamaBear! That's creepy!
Cat Herder 05:53 AM 08-16-2011
No way, Mamabear....

Whats her address? I have a vacation coming up....
CheekyChick 06:56 AM 08-16-2011
I'm sorry. That is so sad he has to go back.
MamaBear 07:00 AM 08-16-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
No way, Mamabear....

Whats her address? I have a vacation coming up....
HaHaHa! Thats hilarious Yes Sugar - it was super duper creepy! She would email me and ask what he needed & send it which was so nice, but then when she started to be creepy... or should I say started to "creep"... I had to put a stop to it Thanks CheekyCheek. I'll be fine. I've gotten stronger & stronger thru the years being married to a military man & I've been thru this many a times, but it still sucks every time... sometimes more than others. This truly will be the grand finale of all deployments. I will definitely need to find some new hobbies.
Tags:military
Reply Up