Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>what do kids call you?
Unregistered 09:01 AM 09-02-2009
hi, all =) just curious what everyone has their dc kids call them...i keep going back and forth between mrs. (last name), miss (first name), or mrs. (first name) or mrs. t (as last name begins with t)

thanks for humoring me!
mac60 09:54 AM 09-02-2009
They just use my name.
melissa ann 10:23 AM 09-02-2009
They just use my name. I go by Missy so putting Miss or Mrs in front can get a little tough for the kids. I have kids from 5 months-3 1/2.
GretasLittleFriends 07:20 PM 09-02-2009
I have one little girl who just turned 3. I've had this family in my care for several months now, but only 2 days a week. The 3 yr old girl just recently quite calling me "hey lady" and started calling me by my first name. But my son is known as "him" and my daughter is known as "your girl" by her.

I have all of my dc kids (at least the talking ones) call me Greta. Mrs (Last Name) is just a bit to formal for me.
seashell 03:38 AM 09-03-2009
I just go by Shell. The kids are part of my family, so calling me Miss or Mrs. just doesnt seem right. I have one little girl who calls me auntie. I never asked her too, she just does it. She also calls me grandma sometimes. Now that I get offended by! Im only 37! Yikes, dont push me kiddo!
mac60 04:07 AM 09-03-2009
That is funny, I too sometimes are called Grandma by a little 5 yr old boy. My one daycare family, it is so weird, as I am the same age as the dad's mom. She obviously had kids in her late teens.
melissa ann 05:33 AM 09-03-2009
Sometimes they will slip and call me mom or mommy. Although, the 2 yr old said it to me in front of her mom, so I just said my name's Missy, remember?
tymaboy 05:57 AM 09-03-2009
I let the parents decide what the are comfortable with. I tell them if they just want to call me by my 1st name is fine.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 06:14 AM 09-03-2009
They all call me Miss Jill. I had one family (my pediatricians kids actually) who called me "Miss Jill's House" becaue they would go to Miss Jill's house. lol. it was so funny standing outside and them yelling,.." Miss Jill's House,.. will you play ball with me!"
missaimee 04:01 PM 09-04-2009
My kids call me Miss Aimee, but it is up to you, whatever you want to be called
Chickenhauler 10:29 PM 09-06-2009
We've had a few DC kids who refer to me as "MR (insert last name here)". I usually look at my watch, and think of what my dad's normally doing at that time, and respond "My name is _____, Mr ****** is probably sitting in his recliner reading the paper right now".

I prefer to be called by my first name.
Unregistered 12:23 PM 09-13-2009
I go by Miss. First Name, just because I've worked in a lot of childcare centers in the past and just got used to hearing it. Also, it is what my children call other adults they are familiar with.
tinytadpoles 05:08 PM 09-13-2009
I am either Ms Tasha or YAYA....one of my friends daycare kiddos started calling me it one day and she calls me that now.
Former Teacher 05:35 PM 09-13-2009
For years I went by Ms. (first name) at the center. Then after I left there, I just became (first name).

I had to laugh at the post about Miss Jill's House. The little boy I watch is 20months old and he LOVES my cell phone. He was upset one day when mom left to go on an errand and to distract him I showed him my phone. Well the picture on the phone is that of our family dog. Well he LOVES dogs. He calls dogs "puppies".

So, now when I do take out the cell phone he calls it a puppy. I will hold it up without showing the picture and ask him what it is and he will say puppy! He will also call my purse a home. Once we were talking about dogs and he kept on saying puppy, puppy, puppy. I explained to him that puppy was at home.

Well, fast forward a few weeks, and we were in the living area where my purse was. He happened to look up at it and said puppy home, puppy home HAHA! It was the cutest thing!
tinytadpoles 08:24 PM 09-13-2009
That is too cute!
Reply Up