Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When You Are Sick!
busymommy0420 10:17 AM 03-13-2012
I have been not feeling well for 6 weeks. Went to the Dr on Feb 20th and he have me amoxicillan for 10 days. I felt better a little bit and then couldn't breathe well. Went yesterday and I have Pneumonia. I texted the parents and left it up to their discretion. I am taking care of my daughters today anyways and know to cover my mouth, wash my hands, and clean up around me. They all opted to keep their kids home today. Do I refund their money for the day? I was available but not 100% well. Thanks for your thoughts.
bice99 10:20 AM 03-13-2012
If you are open, they still pay. If you tell them you're closed, they don't.
MarinaVanessa 10:23 AM 03-13-2012
Originally Posted by bice99:
If you are open, they still pay. If you tell them you're closed, they don't.
This is how I work too. They were given the option, they opted to stay home. You were technically still open (for their convenience not yours).
busymommy0420 05:30 PM 03-20-2012
Well now a week later I get a text asking for a refund for the two days DCM kept DCG home last week. I apologized and said that I remained open and left it up to her and she chose NOT to send her daughter. She responded with I had a contagious illness and discretion really had nothing to do with it. I said I would refund one day because my policy is 24 hours on an antibiotic for a child so 24 hours for myself seemed reasonable. She was very short with me at pick up and asked in the future how it would be handled. I said the same way!!! If I am open I will leave it up to them, if I close I will refund their money. I also said that I would be stricter with accepting sick children going forward. I have her daughter 50 hours a week and she always has a runny nose, cough and had diarrhea before and I kept her here in care to help DCM out. I don't think DCM was happy with me saying that but IT GOES BOTH WAYS!!!! GRRRRR very frustrated!
Tags:sick provider
Reply Up