Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Outdoor Pictures
newtodaycare22 06:04 PM 03-02-2011
Does anyone have pictures of their outdoor area...that they'd like to share? I'm ready to redo mine a bit for the spring time, so I'd love some motivation!
Michael 10:13 PM 03-02-2011
Lets bump this up for tomorrow. I know several have already posted outside/backyard pictures before.
countrymom 05:37 AM 03-03-2011
mines covered in snow, so there really isn't anything to see.
SilverSabre25 08:11 AM 03-03-2011
I'd show you mine...but it's ugly right now and my DH and I were just outside discussing MAJOR changes we're going to make to it this spring/summer--if we can just get someone to come take down the stupid 3-season room/porch thingy. Or figure out how to take it down and dispose of it ourselves.
snowborden1 08:48 AM 03-03-2011
Here are a few photos of my backyard this morning. Yuck :{ I had a really big wooden swing set that we had to leave at our old house when we moved a year ago (the buyers wanted it). And I had the Little Tikes playground but it finally had taken enough "love" from all the kids. So now I am down to a few trikes (which I keep in the shed when not in use) some little tikes trucks, and water table and lots of grass and cement. The cement area wraps all the way around the side of my house. We love it for trikes and side walk chalk. The pool obviously is not used by dcb and is kept locked during business hours. I have a climb and slide castle that is inside right now due to icky weather. But I would love to create a water wall outside, a huge chalkboard on a fence, and get the little tikes swing set with the baby swings as my dcb are all 21 months and under and also a play house. I need to find a grant or something... If anyone has any cheap ideas for outdoor entertainment for this age group I would love to hear em.
Thanks!!!
Attached: Photo 404.jpg (91.0 KB) Photo 402.jpg (109.7 KB) Photo 403.jpg (83.1 KB) 
lil angels 10:04 AM 03-03-2011
I love my area but it is all under about 4 ft of snow
Danielle 11:07 AM 03-03-2011
Not the best picture but you get the idea..

DCMomOf3 11:13 AM 03-03-2011
I don't have a good picture and it's covered in snow. I have a swingset/slide in the back of the yard, a soccer net, toddler bball hoop, a plastic play house, picnic table sand/water table and toddler slide. I also have a small cement patio and a garden. I have small ride ons and various balls etc that we pull out in the spring.
SunflowerMama 11:21 AM 03-03-2011
Ignore our brown grass. It's always bad in the winter and then in a few months it'll be lush and green again. We're also replacing the plastic climbing structure with a 3-level wooden climbing fort that is being built for us (found them on Craigslist ). We're also adding flowers in a few weeks and then veggie plants in the raised veggie garden in the last picture.

I just bring out some toys in the small tubberware containers, books, art supplies, etc. in the morning and put everything away after I close.

spud912 11:29 AM 03-03-2011
Here is the backyard (when it is picked up of various balls):

I added a children's picnic bench on the patio

Here is the side of the backyard:

The padding is tested to withstand a fall from 2 feet high (the highest point on the playground structure).

(Pictures removed at member's request - Admin)
spud912 11:33 AM 03-03-2011
I also removed the oleanders in the background. They are one of the most poisonous plants in the world (a couple of leaves consumed is enough to kill a small child). My daughter started taking an interest in pulling off the leaves, so I had them removed. Plus I don't want the liability. It's bad because it's one of the most common plants in school grounds here.
gkids09 11:36 AM 03-03-2011
I don't have any pictures (sorry..) because I am (okay, my dad and DH are) redoing my outdoor area. They are rebuilding the swingset area, and are adding a box for sand.

I also want to add an art area, but don't know what to put in it that won't get ruined by the weather..

We have a huge area for riding bikes, and a big grassy area for relay games and other things the kids like to do.

We have a big picnic table that all the kids can sit on when we have outdoor snack, too.

Just a few ideas, sorry no pics...
Tags:backyard, outdoor, picture
Reply Up