Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Good God. My Luck I Guess. New Baby Is Colicky
sahm2three 01:42 PM 12-08-2011
Honest to God, how does this happen?! I honestly think I get all the kids no one else will take. This little guy is 9 weeks old and cries ALL DAY LONG!!!! If I hold and bounce him he will stop, but other wise, he kicks and screams the entire time. I am so frustrated, because I feel like somehow I end up with all the hard kids! I wouldn't have just taken this new baby, but we have the older sibling. So if I tell the parent I can't keep him, I lose the older sib too. Ugh. Why why why?!?!?!?
frgsonmysox 03:13 PM 12-08-2011
My daughter had colic. I feel for you and the baby and his parents. Colic is no fun on anyone. Can you babywear him? That worked for my daughter. I wore her in the moby wrap all day long and my movement helped to settle her. And even when it didn't work I knew she was being held and comforted but my hands were free to take care of other business. Since he's only 9 weeks, wearing him wouldn't interrupt any development. Afterall many experts believe in the NINO philosophy (nine in nine out).
sahm2three 07:13 PM 12-08-2011
Originally Posted by frgsonmysox:
My daughter had colic. I feel for you and the baby and his parents. Colic is no fun on anyone. Can you babywear him? That worked for my daughter. I wore her in the moby wrap all day long and my movement helped to settle her. And even when it didn't work I knew she was being held and comforted but my hands were free to take care of other business. Since he's only 9 weeks, wearing him wouldn't interrupt any development. Afterall many experts believe in the NINO philosophy (nine in nine out).
My son was colicky for his first year. It was the hardest time of my life. I wore him too, but he didn't care for it. I could attempt to wear him, but I have 11 other kids, and am down on the floor with them quite often, so I would be afraid he would get hurt. Parents SWEAR he isn't colicky. I beg to differ.
frgsonmysox 08:04 PM 12-08-2011
I think if it's a good style wrap he should be fine and protected. I was down on the floor with my daughter a lot too, and she was snuggled up as if she were in the womb. It took 6 months for her to out grow it. It's a tough time. Hang in there.
caring4kidsinSD 12:04 PM 12-09-2011
I had a colicky baby last year Or so we thought! IMO it Turns out she was starving! Her parents only fed her 4 oz at least 3 hours apart. I tried to abide but it but it was HELL!!! Once I decided to go against their wishes(and apparently dr advice) for my own sanity and feed her 6 oz when she appeared hungry, she did MUCH better!

And if he's new- it will take a while to adjust. Good lucK!
Sunchimes 12:16 PM 12-09-2011
I have a question about colic while you are on the subject. If one baby has it, is the sibling likely to have it too? Hoping you say no, because Baby #1 had a bad case of it, and I'll be getting little brother after he is born.
Crystal 01:43 PM 12-09-2011
Girl, somtimes I think you oughtta throw out the whole lot and get all new families. You have some of the worst luck!!

Hoping it gets better quickly, I know the crying is nervewracking! Good luck
Crystal 01:46 PM 12-09-2011
Ya know, I am not big on swings or boubncers, etc. But your description of him calming when you bounce him on your knee reminds me of a seat my SIL had. It gently vibrates....it might really help. Here's a link:

http://www.target.com/p/Fisher-Price...i_sku=11037180
frgsonmysox 02:49 PM 12-09-2011
Out of my 4 kids so far only 1 has had colic. So I don't think it means that you'll have another if one kid has colic.
sahm2three 05:11 PM 12-09-2011
Today was a nightmare too. Mom is going to try a different formula and a Dr. Browns bottle. Something has to give. I just want a smooth day. I think one smooth day would reenergize me a bit. I have so many plans for activities and crafts but it is impossible to do with my bunch. Makes me sad.
Sunchimes 06:23 PM 12-09-2011
Thanks! I hope you are right!!
Tags:colicky
Reply Up