Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Breastfed Child refusing bottles, was taking them.
Unregistered 02:06 PM 08-13-2012
I have a child that is 8 months old. He has been with me for 4 months now. His mother only breastfeeds at home,but pumps and I do the bottles here. He was eating fine until a 3 day weekend a week ago and refuses the bottles here now!

Any suggestions???? He only had 1 oz all day today and hardly anything last week.

Mom wants to try a straw or sippy cup. Isn't hetoo young for that??

Help!!!!
Unregistered 02:28 PM 08-13-2012
Not too young. Try it.
MNMum 09:10 PM 08-13-2012
Sippy, straw, open cup with assistance, all okay. Also, if mom breastfeeds all evening, and many times at night, he may be reverse cycling. He could be getting his nutritional needs met that way.
Kaddidle Care 03:30 AM 08-14-2012
It won't hurt to try a sippy cup. It depends on the child. Sounds like Mom may be trying it at home so go for it! I would let Mom do the straw thing though unless you don't have other children to watch. That would be too time consuming for you as an 8 month old will send an open cup flying and probably make a game of it. Whee!

My son went straight from BF to a cup. No bottles!

One thing to be aware and watch for is constipation. Those cups with valves reduce the flow of liquid so they don't always get as much.
Reply Up