Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Logged Out
Unregistered 02:35 PM 03-02-2012
I have a dcf that I posted about yesterday. When DCP punishments are too much.

Well, this morning DCM comes into drop off and says right away. OH MIss D. DCK was told this morning on the way here becuase DCK was acting up that I am giving you permission to spank DCK. DCM says this looking right at DCK. I respond immediately with NO, DCK I would never do that, only mommy and daddy can do that, never here.

I just heard DCK say 5 min ago to another DCK my mommy says miss D can spank you if you are bad. Now all of the kids are asking me if I am going to spank them........

TODAY has been hell......I need to talk to this mom ASAP.

Oh and btw I did ask about the belt comment and dcm said they are not hitting with it only snapping it to scare DCK....which I still feel is horrible
Heidi 03:28 PM 03-02-2012
oh dear....

Ja, it's time to have a talk!

Hey, I had a dcm once tell a 4 yo that if he didn't stop teasing her (precious) daughter, SHE WOULD CALL HIS DAD AND TELL HIM TO SPANK HIM!

REALLY? Did you really just say that to someone else's child?

Oh, and this was the little girl who regularly spent 1/2 hour in my yard after dc, because she ran the household, and wasn't ready to leave. I literally had to go out there and tell them that daycare is closed, and they NEED to go home!
MarinaVanessa 10:49 AM 03-03-2012
Wow, time for serious damage control. I would emmediately talk to DCM about this. And I mean IMMEDIATELY. I'd make it clear that you are not allowed to do this EVER and that she can NEVER tell her DCG that you will do any kind of corporal punishment. Ever. I would also explain that DCG has now told the other children that you will spank them if they are bad and that it was very upsetting to them. Because of this you will now have to talke to all of the other parents to fix this.

I would talk to the other parents and say "A parent of one of the DCK's told her child in front of me tha she would allow me to spank her if she was bad and I immediately told this parent and the child that nothing of that sort would ever happen. However, this child told the other children that I would spank them if they were bad and they asked me if I was going to spank them. I am assuring you that I would never do anything like this and I have talked to the parent and this situation will be corrected." Why do parents do this????
nannyde 11:02 AM 03-03-2012
I wouldn't worry about this for a second. Just tell the Mom in front of the kid that spanking isn't allowed in child care. You don't have to say who can spank............. just that you can't.

If the kid brings it up in child care you say "no spanking in child care"

Leave it be. Kids are going to talk about their home life and they are going to talk about their child care. They are going to talk about home stuff relating to child care. We just have to let them know what we can and can't do if it comes up. That's all. No biggie.

If the children ask if you spank them say "no spanking but I can squeeze the stuffin out of ya.. I can tickle you pink.. I can give you a big hug..."

easy peezy let it be
makap 01:23 PM 03-03-2012
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I wouldn't worry about this for a second. Just tell the Mom in front of the kid that spanking isn't allowed in child care. You don't have to say who can spank............. just that you can't.

Leave it be. Kids are going to talk about their home life and they are going to talk about their child care. They are going to talk about home stuff relating to child care. We just have to let them know what we can and can't do if it comes up. That's all. No biggie.

If the children ask if you spank them say "no spanking but I can squeeze the stuffin out of ya.. I can tickle you pink.. I can give you a big hug..."

easy peezy let it be

Yes this!
Heidi 12:58 PM 03-04-2012
Originally Posted by nannyde:

easy peezy let it be
Yes this too!
christinaskids 11:11 AM 03-05-2012
My husbands kids just got removed from their mothers home by cps and put in foster care because they were spanking the kids with belts. She cant talk to them on the phone and can have one hour visits at a supervision center a week. Its no joke, you should warn this mom what can happen. The kids are doing well with us now but it was very hard on all of us.
Tags:parents - accusing, punishment, spanking
Reply Up