Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does Anyone Have A "Bad" Behaviour
cherryhill 02:24 PM 01-24-2012
Action Plan? Something I could give to parents in a meeting. I have a meeting tonight, and this is my last attempt to work with this mom with her son's bad behavior.

thanks
daycare 02:42 PM 01-24-2012
Originally Posted by cherryhill:
Action Plan? Something I could give to parents in a meeting. I have a meeting tonight, and this is my last attempt to work with this mom with her son's bad behavior.

thanks
I had to do this before and here is what I did.

I listed the issues that we were having. pointed out how they affected the group and created unsafe situations.

YOur child is being placed on temporary probation as of ______________ Both parent and provider will meet again in two weeks to reevaluate child's behavior.

Parent understands that they will need to work with their child on the above issues at home and if together with the provider cannot resolve the matters at hand, care may be terminated.

Here is what we are working on now : write it out so that mom can see it

Here is what our goal is: again write it out.

I met with the mom again after two weeks and we actually saw progress and the child stayed. But it was only because mom was on board. This is not exactly what I had, just what I could recall what I wrote and discussed. I do believe that I wrote in there somewhere that if behavioral matters did not resolve within 30 days that I would term care...

This is tuff, but good for you giving it another shot.... Good luck and I hope I was some what helpful
Cat Herder 03:10 PM 01-24-2012
Honestly, I make them up WITH the parents.

They tell me what usually works for them, I tell them what usually works for me, then we come up with a plan that we BOTH do, consistently.

It is a bit different for each child and behavioral issue.

After 30 days, we re-evaluate.
Tags:bad behavior, bad behavior - action plan
Reply Up