Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>OMG! The Snot!
sahm2three 06:50 AM 06-23-2011
My 1 yo screamer dcb has always had a runny nose. Like super duper runny. I have had him since he was 4 mo, and even then runny. He is on allergy meds, so I guess it runs from allergies, but holy smokes! I just asked mom if she would bring kleenexes or boogie wipes for him. It is constant. I probably wipe his nose 30 to 40 times a day! Ugh!
Country Kids 06:58 AM 06-23-2011
Funny, that you post this as I was going to post something on runny noses. I have a little one that the nose only runs when we go outside and stops instantly when we come in! I don't mean a little bit, but just runs and runs and isn't clear but yellow and mucusy. I'm not getting why it runs only outside and will stop so quickly when we come in? Any ideas?
countrymom 07:18 AM 06-23-2011
just to be clear if its clear and runny it most likely allergies now if its green and thick then its an infections. Unfortunatly I have some who blame everything on allergies even when I know its not.
Country Kids 07:22 AM 06-23-2011
I know thats what I thought to about the infection part but why only when we go outside? He is fine when we stay inside but the minute we go out he starts sneezing (bunches come out to-yummy) and running with the nose! We come inside everything clears up. Allergies happen inside and out (my husband has them horribly) so I'm not sure on this one.
boysx5 07:34 AM 06-23-2011
if only we got paid for every snotty nose we wiped we all would be sitting pretty
mickey2 08:11 AM 06-23-2011
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Funny, that you post this as I was going to post something on runny noses. I have a little one that the nose only runs when we go outside and stops instantly when we come in! I don't mean a little bit, but just runs and runs and isn't clear but yellow and mucusy. I'm not getting why it runs only outside and will stop so quickly when we come in? Any ideas?
Sounds like allergies if it only runs outside. Even though it is yellow or green still allergies. Probably has an infection from all that stuff being trapped up in there for a long time. Little person probably would benefit from a nose spray to get this cleared up.
Meyou 08:50 AM 06-23-2011
Originally Posted by mickey2:
Sounds like allergies if it only runs outside. Even though it is yellow or green still allergies. Probably has an infection from all that stuff being trapped up in there for a long time. Little person probably would benefit from a nose spray to get this cleared up.
Totally agree. I was the kid with a box of kleenex in my backpack all the time because of a chronical runny nose from allergies. It isn't always clear especially if allergies are severe. A nose spray or trying another daily allergy med might help. If he's still running like that outside the one he's on isn't very effective.
e.j. 11:15 AM 06-23-2011
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
I know thats what I thought to about the infection part but why only when we go outside? He is fine when we stay inside but the minute we go out he starts sneezing (bunches come out to-yummy) and running with the nose! We come inside everything clears up. Allergies happen inside and out (my husband has them horribly) so I'm not sure on this one.
Several years ago, the ragweed pollen count in this area must have been off the charts. I had never experienced allergies prior to that but that year, my eyes and nose would run like faucets everytime I went outside for any length of time. I was okay if I stayed indoors, though, so I would guess this dcb probably is allergic to something outdoors that doesn't bother him as much when he's in the house.
Tags:allergies, runny nose, snot
Reply Up