Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>First Aid Kit
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 02:48 PM 02-09-2017
Any recommendations for pre-assembled first aid kits? Best site to buy from?
Sumshine 02:57 PM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by TheMisplacedMidwestMom:
Any recommendations for pre-assembled first aid kits? Best site to buy from?
I had a really hard time finding everything needed for licensing standards in one kit that wasn't a million dollars and didn't have a bunch of extra extreme stuff I didn't need!

I bought a $16 one off amazon and added a few needed things from walgreens/walmart.

I am interested to see if anyone else has some good resources as well in case I ever need to replace or add on to mine!
DaveA 03:03 PM 02-09-2017
Honestly most don't meet standards. Best bet is to grab a plastic tackle box or tool box. Get a list of what licensing requires and put that in there. Add what you think you'll need or use. Between DW being a nurse, both of us teaching CPR/ First aid, and my shop ours is overkill.
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 03:36 PM 02-09-2017
So I JUST found this site. Can build your own kit. I was able to add almost everything for both my main kit and abbreviated kit for $45. I just sat down with the required list and checked off items. (Did not add from the site: safety pins, water, soap, flashlight).

Thought I was onto something until I got to the $50 shipping price!!!! Looks like I'll be having it shipped to family in the lower 48 then have them send it to me via USPS to save $30.
thrivingchildcarecom 09:52 AM 02-10-2017
I really love this Emergency Kit. The size of this First Aid kit allows you to be prepared for just about any minor injury the kids find themselves in.
Reply Up