Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Curtain Obsession?!
sahm2three 02:34 PM 02-28-2011
Ugh. One of my 1 yo dcb's has an obsession with my curtains in my living room! I can't keep him from playing in them. I can't keep them out of his reach because they need to be covering the window because sun beats thru them all day long. He goes behind them and then wraps himself up in them. He even tried swinging on them. Every day I have to remove him from them probably 10 to 15 times! Ugh. Other than getting new window coverings (which isn't feesible since my windows are huge and it would be very costly), I am not sure what to do! He has been here since September, so I would think he would get it by now! Ideas?
SilverSabre25 02:35 PM 02-28-2011
Baby gate in front of them? (like a superyard, since you say the windows are huge)

Or maybe a piece of furniture?
DaycareMama 07:58 PM 02-28-2011
Im not sure what its called but I have used the decorative cling that sticks to windows to avoid curtains and keep the glare out. It comes in rolls like contact paper or in sheets. You can get it in a variety of shades or designs. It also helps in the summer to reduce the "heat" from the sun shinning.

kind of like these......

http://www.collectionsetc.com/Produc...x/_/Ntt-window

it wont let me lin different examples. But there are a few on this site. Decorative ones like the humming birds are nice
mac60 03:38 AM 03-01-2011
Everytime he does it, he should go to a safe zone, such as a high chair....or put him in a baby safe play area. We should not have to put a baby gate in front of our curtains to keep a child out.
SandeeAR 08:43 AM 03-01-2011
Originally Posted by mac60:
Everytime he does it, he should go to a safe zone, such as a high chair....or put him in a baby safe play area. We should not have to put a baby gate in front of our curtains to keep a child out.
Decided to remove my reply. I want OP to get help. Seems my reply was a offended some, so I removed it. 94 views, most after my reply, so I removed for OP to get help.
mac60 11:28 AM 03-01-2011
You quoted me....why? Just wondering is all.
Tags:obsession
Reply Up