Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Lord How Can Parents DO This??
Charity 01:27 PM 10-20-2010
Ok so I love reading all of your threads and post here frequently. I have a small in-home daycare and today got my last kid which makes me full. We can watch up to 6 here (including our own) until licensed. So this lil boy makes 5. Anyways.... the mother brings him to meet me yesterday and lets say I was in shock. He will be 2 in November (same age as my daughter) and for one obviously has some developmental issues. He is VERY large in size, (over 50 lbs). and is very bow legged. But at the same time he barely talks and throws fits. The mom informs me that the boy will only eat cookies and chips for her and she feeds him milk in a bottle and ritz crackers for breakfast. OMG so I was freaking... and I tol dher that the kids in my daycare do not get chips and do not get cookies. They eat healthy meals and sometimes will get graham crackers for snack with fruit. Today is his first day and its been crazy.... I do not know what to do ... He has literally slung 1 kid by the shirt into a wall and pushed another down several times... Being that he is so much bigger than them he can do some damage. He wont drink anything for me obviously shes never gave him juice and he throws his cup at me. Needless to say I feel sorry for him cause its not his fault but I feel like Im putting the other kids at risk. But at the same time I am trying to help him. Now is is bullying the other kids and they(including my daughter ) are scared of him and all hide under me when he getrs near them. I dont know whether to tell the mother I cant keep him or what do I do????? I have put him in time out alone and explained to him tht he has to be nice and cant be mean ... but this isnt working
Tags:autism, developmental delay, developmental issues, large child
Up