Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: Do you have sign outside your home stating that you are a daycare provider?
Yes 8 30.77%
No 18 69.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sign for daycare
DCMama 04:47 PM 08-07-2012
Would you all like to share your daycare signs? I am planning to make a sign to put outside my house so people that drive by will know my service. I am planning to get a sign that resemble a "house for sale sign" you know the one with the wooden pole and a drop down sign. What do you think? The guy charge me 100 for it but his sign look kinda ugly and make it look like i'm selling trees. He was a little rude too because when i ask him to make a mocknup, he says "are you sure you will take otherwise it be a waste if i make it and then you do not want it. At that time we thought it was a good idea so we say yes. But he didnt text me the design until 2:30 am and when i saw it it look slap together with my info and a yree in the back. The spelling was erong too. I know i can get him to fix it but now i'm having second thoughts about it. His tone sound rude (but most viet dealer sound aggressive like that). I just feel bad for backing out now when i told him yes i want a sign. But i dont think its my fault that he is slapping things together and make it look lik crap. What do you all think?

( sorry typing with ipad)
DCMama 04:56 PM 08-07-2012
Sorry i think i posted at the wrong section. I meant to post this at home provider section but accidently post at new comers threads. Any idea how to switch it? Cant find a place to delete.
Crazy8 08:21 AM 08-08-2012
if you are paying for it you should get what you ask for/what you want. Did he actually make the sign without showing you the design??? I would think he would do it on a computer first and just send you the file/pic.

I don't have a sign - I don't want people to drive by and know this is a daycare - too many wacko's out there and I feel it just screams "woman home alone with children".

I advertise as much as I can with just my development/area name so people don't know exactly where I am but they know if its convenient for them.
Blackcat31 08:33 AM 08-08-2012
Originally Posted by DCMama:
Would you all like to share your daycare signs? I am planning to make a sign to put outside my house so people that drive by will know my service. I am planning to get a sign that resemble a "house for sale sign" you know the one with the wooden pole and a drop down sign. What do you think? The guy charge me 100 for it but his sign look kinda ugly and make it look like i'm selling trees. He was a little rude too because when i ask him to make a mocknup, he says "are you sure you will take otherwise it be a waste if i make it and then you do not want it. At that time we thought it was a good idea so we say yes. But he didnt text me the design until 2:30 am and when i saw it it look slap together with my info and a yree in the back. The spelling was erong too. I know i can get him to fix it but now i'm having second thoughts about it. His tone sound rude (but most viet dealer sound aggressive like that). I just feel bad for backing out now when i told him yes i want a sign. But i dont think its my fault that he is slapping things together and make it look lik crap. What do you all think?

I don't think it is wrong of you to refuse to pay for something that isn't what you ordered.

I would insist that this guy make the sign exactly as you ordered or refuse to pay for it. It goes both ways. He needs to double check that he is doing what you asked for and make sure your words and design are in writing so you can both look it over first before agreeing to purchase anything.

Once the initial outline or drawing is approved, then he should start making it.

I would also make sure you are allowed to put a sign in your yard. Some city ordinances do not allow child cares to advertise in that way.
PitterPatter 09:31 AM 08-08-2012
Originally Posted by DCMama:

If he's lazy about it then why should he be paid for something sloppy. I would just say I didn't order sloppy so I'm not paying for sloppy.

I bought my signs at Vistaprint.com. I buy all advertising supplies there. Signs are vinyl I think. They have held up for a few years no damage at all and are out in all weather 365 days a yr.
winecountrydaycaregal 10:21 AM 08-08-2012
Hi, I have chosen not to put a sign in the front of my house because i do not want random people knowing that i take care of children. This is the pessimist in me because i would be afraid a pedophile might get ideas from that. Sad to say.
lil angels 10:26 AM 08-08-2012
I also ordered mine from visa print. I have had great luck with them.
daycarediva 10:50 AM 08-08-2012
I made my own. Its a 1x10x36' piece of wood from Lowes (about $5), that I painted with white exterior paint, stenciled on my info & #, then painted that in. I'm not a bad 'doodle' type artist and even added in part of my logo. It's screwed from the back on a wooden stake. When I have openings, I made a 1x4x24" sign that I can remove to go under that, making people aware of my enrollments.

I got the sign because someone called the county complaining I was operating an unlicensed daycare. Totally got a phone call from my registrar on that one.

EVERY SINGLE PERSON that has seen my sign says how cute and professional it looks, and ask me where I got it from.
Sugar Magnolia 10:50 AM 08-08-2012
Posted yes, but I'm a center.
DaisyMamma 05:48 PM 08-08-2012
I posted yes, but I have a temporary yard sign and will remove it when I no longer have openings.
I designed it myself and ordered it from vistaprint.
I do not think you should buy the sign. Check out vistaprint.
Tags:lawn signs, poll
Reply Up