Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Throwing and Hitting
JENNL49 06:42 AM 02-01-2011
I have a 2 year old that is constantly throwing and hitting. I dont know what to do with her. I put her in quiet time by herself and it doesnt phase her! Ive never seen this girl cry even when getting disciplined.

Any suggestions?? I dont want to tell her mom she cant come anymore!
heyhun77 07:37 AM 02-01-2011
She's still pretty young. With my younger kiddos I do a lot of reminding "we use gentle touches" or "we keep our hands to ourselves". The younger kids show gentle touches by gently touching the other kid's head to say sorry or to give a hug. I tend to distract the hitters or just keep them near me if I can't be near them (cooking or such). They'll move on if you don't make a big deal out of it.
Mrs.Ky 10:59 AM 02-01-2011
She is still not to young she knows better usually by 12 months children know what they are doing. I have a 14 month old who went threw throwing toys, hitting, and getting into stuff he shouldnt he started acting up because Grandma came to visit and was letting him do whatever he wanted and spoiling him this is what parents told me. I started giving him a warning (Telling him we do not throw toys/hit at Mrs.Ky's house in a STERN voice) if he did it again he went to the "naughty mat" timer was set for a minute and after timer went off I told him he could get up and spoke to him again about how we do not throw toys/hit after going to time out about 4 times in a week he stopped completely it also helped that Mom did the samething at home.
JENNL49 11:07 AM 02-02-2011
Sounds like what Ive been doing! I will keep working with her! She is bound to figure it out sooner or later! Thanks!!
Tags:bad behavior, hitting, throwing
Reply Up