Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Tax and Cars
dave4him 08:57 PM 08-21-2012
Do I need to track my minivan since I do transport daycare kids when running errands or getting only my kid from school?
Michael 09:25 PM 08-21-2012
https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ction+-+milage
TomCopeland 07:58 AM 08-22-2012
Originally Posted by dave4him:
Do I need to track my minivan since I do transport daycare kids when running errands or getting only my kid from school?
You do need to keep track of how many business miles you drive in your minivan. A business trip is when the primary purpose of the trip is for your business. If you drive to pick up your own child from school, this is a personal trip even if you bring along day care children.
dave4him 08:13 AM 08-22-2012
So i should estimate then miles to and from the grocery store. We really have not gone to many other places. Its hard to keep track
TomCopeland 08:02 AM 08-23-2012
Originally Posted by dave4him:
So i should estimate then miles to and from the grocery store. We really have not gone to many other places. Its hard to keep track
You can use Mapquest to find out the mileage of your trips. Remember to count trips to the bank to deposit money, trips to garage sales, hardware store, library, etc.
dave4him 09:56 AM 08-23-2012
wow im going to have to use some guess work to remember some of those. Ive just been keeping track of grocery store and a few trips to the zoo here and there.
Tags:deduction - car, deduction - milage
Reply Up