Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Allergies vs Cold
MamaBear 01:30 PM 02-01-2011
OMG... If I have one more daycare parent try to tell me that their little guy has allergies and not a cold just to get them in the door - I'm going to scream! Last I heard, allergies is not contagious and wouldn't have spread green snot & boogies, cough & fever to all the other daycare kids... right? Sheesh! These people amaze me sometimes! Sorry I just had to vent that!

Oh and one more vent... A parent brings their little one to my daycare with a sippy cup of milk and then tells me "Oh - if he coughs today, its not that hes sick but because of the milk... it just makes him phelgmy... but hes not sick"... REALLY??? I didnt know milk causes a boy to cough like a sea otter all day!? Oye vay!
lvt77 01:33 PM 02-01-2011
Originally Posted by MamaBear:
OMG... If I have one more daycare parent try to tell me that their little guy has allergies and not a cold just to get them in the door - I'm going to scream! Last I heard, allergies is not contagious and wouldn't have spread green snot & boogies, cough & fever to all the other daycare kids... right? Sheesh! These people amaze me sometimes! Sorry I just had to vent that!

Oh and one more vent... A parent brings their little one to my daycare with a sippy cup of milk and then tells me "Oh - if he coughs today, its not that hes sick but because of the milk... it just makes him phelgmy... but hes not sick"... REALLY??? I didnt know milk causes a boy to cough like a sea otter all day!? Oye vay!
uuuugghhhh I feel ya!!! I had a dcb that had sinus infection so bad that I had to use a blue booger sucker to remove the snot and it would fill the entire ball at the top. It was so gross and green and thick that I almost puked............
Adfter almost 3 weeks I had to tell DCM his body is not fighting this off on its own he needs to go to the doctors or cant return until its gone....

Dont you just love the things that people come up with...
ninosqueridos 01:40 PM 02-01-2011
oh no! =( Sea otter cough is certainly not milk. UGH!

My DS has allergies (environmental & food), and his nose runs (clear) and he sneezes ALL YEAR ROUND. The fever, green snot, and contagious cough?! Um, not allergies. Sorry you are dealing with that. Did you call the parents to pick up their kids?? If you let it slide, they will just keep doing it and doing it until you no longer let them. Good luck!
MamaBear 02:03 PM 02-01-2011
Yeah I always send the sickies home. I dont mess with that here. When I first started doing daycare years ago, I was a little more easygoing about things like that, but not anymore. If I let them stay, it spreads like wildfire.
I just hate how some DC parents try to lie to get their little ones in the door and then "pretend" they had no idea they were sick. Really? You had no idea your child was burning hot and that the nose was flooding green? They dont think about all the other kids or me getting sick at all.

My husband thinks I should just call in a sick day on all of them someday to teach them a lesson (even if I'm not sick) and show them that this is what happens when you bring them here sick all the time ~ I get sick and then you have no daycare!
sahm1225 04:17 AM 02-02-2011
LOL! I love how parents dont want to admit their kids are sick..

But I do have to say when I would take my son to daycare, there were times that I didnt KNOW he was sick. I was never called to pick him up, but once the provider called me and asked me if it was okay to give him tylenol.

My son also has environmental allergies and he has a never ending running nose during the spring/summer, but it's always clear..
countrymom 04:28 AM 02-02-2011
I have a girl who has such green boogies (no other symptoms) for months now, apparently it was allergies but now I think its a bad sinus infection, funny how the minute kids sneeze its allergies. I get alot of "well dh and i have allergies or sinus problems so our kids have it too" ya whatever.
GG~DAYCARE 05:02 AM 02-02-2011
I want to say hello as this is my first post. I have been doing home day care for 26 years while raising my own 5 children.

I jokingly say to that parent "Wow, Sally's allergies are contagious because my whole family has them now".
The thing is, I do not require anyone to stay home with a cold so why tell me that?
DCMomOf3 05:10 AM 02-02-2011
Originally Posted by GG~DAYCARE:
I want to say hello as this is my first post. I have been doing home day care for 26 years while raising my own 5 children.

I jokingly say to that parent "Wow, Sally's allergies are contagious because my whole family has them now".
The thing is, I do not require anyone to stay home with a cold so why tell me that?
Welcome!!!
Tags:allergies, cold
Reply Up