Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Registering My Daycare Help
Unregistered 09:25 AM 12-15-2014
I would like to register (not license) my daycare in Ohio. I am just not sure who I am supposed to get ahold of to do this. I come across licensing but not just registering.

Thanks for any help!
spinnymarie 10:35 AM 12-15-2014
Not certain about Ohio, but in my state it's either licensed or license-exempt, no registered. I'm guessing if you found licensing but not registering that OH is the same.
Blackcat31 11:14 AM 12-15-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I would like to register (not license) my daycare in Ohio. I am just not sure who I am supposed to get ahold of to do this. I come across licensing but not just registering.

Thanks for any help!
Here is contact info for Ohio

https://www.daycare.com/ohio/
AuntTami 11:16 AM 12-15-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:

Thanks for any help!
Are you referring to registering your daycare NAME? Because that's whats called a "doing business as" name, which you need if you're going to call your daycare anything other than "xyz's daycare" (or at least I know you do here in Wisconsin) and that's something you'll need to contact your local municipality office for I BELIEVE, if they're cant help you, I'm sure they can direct you to someone who can help you get that established. You need to do this in order to open a checking account for the business or take out any loans etc under your business name.

If that's not what you're referring to, than I believe PP is correct in that it's either licensed, or license exempt, and licensed you need to do through the state.
Reply Up